Thread: Hello All

Hello All

I was wondering what it would take to register my firearm in Missouri so I can OC.....I have family that lives in Joplin

No registration needed to open carry in [most of] Missouri.

There are a few place that don't allow you to have a firearm. The mall, Denny's,and some banks. Haven't been home in a while so I don't know if any places changed their stance. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by BionicRooster View Post
    No registration needed to open carry in [most of] Missouri.
    Even if I'm from out of state?

Quote Originally Posted by Torquemaster69 View Post
    Even if I'm from out of state?
    If I was to travel to a state that does not allow open carry, I would not be able to, even though I am from Missouri. That door swings both ways, so yes, you can still carry.

That would only come into play if you were carrying concealed, then you would need a Missouri permit or one from a state Missouri recognizes.

There is no 'gun registration' in Missouri. OC is legal for anyone where it has not been prohibited via RSMo 21.750.3. Check the Joplin, and surrounding towns, ordinances for any restrictions on OC.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare