Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Blues On The Mall

  1. #1
    Regular Member Raggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wild Wild West Michigan
    Posts
    1,188

    Blues On The Mall

    Has there been consideration of having a group meet for Grand Rapids Blues on the Mall on Wednesdays?

  2. #2
    Regular Member Evil Creamsicle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Police State, USA
    Posts
    1,270
    two days without reply tells me probably not.

    However, if you build it, they will come. Just rephrase this to "Hey guys, lets do this, here's a date and time", I'm sure people will go.

  3. #3
    Michigan Moderator DrTodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hudsonville , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,337
    I used to go but haven't in two years even though I always really enjoyed the acts. Besides being ungodly hot this year, watching teenagers mutilate themselves with razor blades, and people generally being obnoxious, does not interest me. But, as was stated, name a date and a time and people may show.

  4. #4
    Regular Member NMadole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Traverse City, MI
    Posts
    71

    In

    If someone sets it up, I will attend!!

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    grand rapids
    Posts
    17

    blues

    I read your request but have no clue what grand rapids blues is or which mall, as far as I know grand rapids has at least 3 malls maybe more. That is pretty much the main reason I did not reply to the original post.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Raggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wild Wild West Michigan
    Posts
    1,188

    Blues

    WLAV puts on blues shows at Rosa Pak circle which is a little mall with an amphitheater like set up. Wednesday nights during the summer. http://www.wlav.com/Article.asp?id=2429892&spid=19221

    Quote Originally Posted by Grutte Pier View Post
    I read your request but have no clue what grand rapids blues is or which mall, as far as I know grand rapids has at least 3 malls maybe more. That is pretty much the main reason I did not reply to the original post.

  7. #7
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    WLAV puts on blues shows at Rosa Pak circle which is a little mall with an amphitheater like set up. Wednesday nights during the summer. http://www.wlav.com/Article.asp?id=2429892&spid=19221
    Some fine acts, there. Mississippi Heat has a good harp guy, forget his name. Chicago-style band,

    Larry McCray, ex-Detroit, terrific guitar, good song writing.

    Walter Trout is a HOT guitar player. Enthusiastic rock-blues player. Played with John Mayall and can play real down low blues.

    I would go see all three of those acts.

  8. #8
    Michigan Moderator DrTodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hudsonville , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,337
    Quote Originally Posted by HankT View Post
    Some fine acts, there. Mississippi Heat has a good harp guy, forget his name. Chicago-style band,

    Larry McCray, ex-Detroit, terrific guitar, good song writing.

    Walter Trout is a HOT guitar player. Enthusiastic rock-blues player. Played with John Mayall and can play real down low blues.

    I would go see all three of those acts.
    Yeah, they usually get some pretty good acts. Like I said above, I used to go quite often and I was usually OC; it certainly brings out some interesting characters, though. I would be up for a GR event BUT I am out of town every Wednesday night through the summer.
    Last edited by DrTodd; 07-23-2012 at 03:09 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

    "Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

    Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    10
    About to head down to Blues on the Mall right now! =)

  10. #10
    Regular Member Raggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wild Wild West Michigan
    Posts
    1,188
    Quote Originally Posted by kdogg View Post
    About to head down to Blues on the Mall right now! =)
    Open carry? if so how did it go?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •