Thread: Blues On The Mall

Blues On The Mall

Has there been consideration of having a group meet for Grand Rapids Blues on the Mall on Wednesdays?

two days without reply tells me probably not.

However, if you build it, they will come. Just rephrase this to "Hey guys, lets do this, here's a date and time", I'm sure people will go.

I used to go but haven't in two years even though I always really enjoyed the acts. Besides being ungodly hot this year, watching teenagers mutilate themselves with razor blades, and people generally being obnoxious, does not interest me. But, as was stated, name a date and a time and people may show.

In

If someone sets it up, I will attend!!

blues

I read your request but have no clue what grand rapids blues is or which mall, as far as I know grand rapids has at least 3 malls maybe more. That is pretty much the main reason I did not reply to the original post.

Blues

WLAV puts on blues shows at Rosa Pak circle which is a little mall with an amphitheater like set up. Wednesday nights during the summer. http://www.wlav.com/Article.asp?id=2429892&spid=19221

Quote Originally Posted by Grutte Pier View Post
    I read your request but have no clue what grand rapids blues is or which mall, as far as I know grand rapids has at least 3 malls maybe more. That is pretty much the main reason I did not reply to the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggs View Post
    WLAV puts on blues shows at Rosa Pak circle which is a little mall with an amphitheater like set up. Wednesday nights during the summer. http://www.wlav.com/Article.asp?id=2429892&spid=19221
    Some fine acts, there. Mississippi Heat has a good harp guy, forget his name. Chicago-style band,

Larry McCray, ex-Detroit, terrific guitar, good song writing.

Walter Trout is a HOT guitar player. Enthusiastic rock-blues player. Played with John Mayall and can play real down low blues.

I would go see all three of those acts.

Quote Originally Posted by HankT View Post
    Some fine acts, there. Mississippi Heat has a good harp guy, forget his name. Chicago-style band,

Larry McCray, ex-Detroit, terrific guitar, good song writing.

Walter Trout is a HOT guitar player. Enthusiastic rock-blues player. Played with John Mayall and can play real down low blues.

I would go see all three of those acts.
    Yeah, they usually get some pretty good acts. Like I said above, I used to go quite often and I was usually OC; it certainly brings out some interesting characters, though. I would be up for a GR event BUT I am out of town every Wednesday night through the summer.
    Last edited by DrTodd; 07-23-2012 at 03:09 PM.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

About to head down to Blues on the Mall right now! =)

Quote Originally Posted by kdogg View Post
    About to head down to Blues on the Mall right now! =)
    Open carry? if so how did it go?