• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Blues On The Mall

Evil Creamsicle

two days without reply tells me probably not.

However, if you build it, they will come. Just rephrase this to "Hey guys, lets do this, here's a date and time", I'm sure people will go.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I used to go but haven't in two years even though I always really enjoyed the acts. Besides being ungodly hot this year, watching teenagers mutilate themselves with razor blades, and people generally being obnoxious, does not interest me. But, as was stated, name a date and a time and people may show.

Grutte Pier

blues

I read your request but have no clue what grand rapids blues is or which mall, as far as I know grand rapids has at least 3 malls maybe more. That is pretty much the main reason I did not reply to the original post.

Raggs

Blues

WLAV puts on blues shows at Rosa Pak circle which is a little mall with an amphitheater like set up. Wednesday nights during the summer. http://www.wlav.com/Article.asp?id=2429892&spid=19221

I read your request but have no clue what grand rapids blues is or which mall, as far as I know grand rapids has at least 3 malls maybe more. That is pretty much the main reason I did not reply to the original post.

HankT

State Researcher
WLAV puts on blues shows at Rosa Pak circle which is a little mall with an amphitheater like set up. Wednesday nights during the summer. http://www.wlav.com/Article.asp?id=2429892&spid=19221

Some fine acts, there. Mississippi Heat has a good harp guy, forget his name. Chicago-style band,

Larry McCray, ex-Detroit, terrific guitar, good song writing.

Walter Trout is a HOT guitar player. Enthusiastic rock-blues player. Played with John Mayall and can play real down low blues.

I would go see all three of those acts.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Some fine acts, there. Mississippi Heat has a good harp guy, forget his name. Chicago-style band,

Larry McCray, ex-Detroit, terrific guitar, good song writing.

Walter Trout is a HOT guitar player. Enthusiastic rock-blues player. Played with John Mayall and can play real down low blues.

I would go see all three of those acts.

Yeah, they usually get some pretty good acts. Like I said above, I used to go quite often and I was usually OC; it certainly brings out some interesting characters, though. I would be up for a GR event BUT I am out of town every Wednesday night through the summer. :banghead:

Last edited: