• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What the heck happened at Straight Shooters in Colonial Heights today?????

Riana

According to the second report, they found him shot when they went out to tell him they were closing? I know at the ranges I go to, even if I'm the only one on the line, there's someone watching me - either in person or by video feed.

taurusfan

If someone has a psych history that would bar them from buying a gun from an FFL that wouldn't bar them renting a gun.

This is one reason I don't shoot at such places.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
If someone has a psych history that would bar them from buying a gun from an FFL that wouldn't bar them renting a gun.

This is one reason I don't shoot at such places.

Didn't you read a few posts up?
It was the Glock! It attacked him for his resins.:eek:

And yeah...Paramedic is right. The ant's will have a field day.

Last edited:

TFred

You know, I never thought about it... I guess there is no requirement for a shooting range to do a background check before renting a gun to a customer to shoot on the premesis. I suppose the thought is that they can't take the gun with them... but that brings us back to what does "possess" mean?

As far as I understood it, if you are disqualified, that would apply to renting a gun at a shooting range as well.

One small good thing, if the antis go all out fighting to implement some sort of a background check for range rentals, that's all the less time they'll have to work on something more egregious.

TFred

BillB

According to the articles I'v read, the fellow who committed suicide at the range was in military uniform. Hence, it's doubtful a background check would have disqualified him from obtaining a gun. The sad fact is that this mode of suicide at public ranges renting guns is not all that uncommon.

Tanner

According to the articles I'v read, the fellow who committed suicide at the range was in military uniform. Hence, it's doubtful a background check would have disqualified him from obtaining a gun. The sad fact is that this mode of suicide at public ranges renting guns is not all that uncommon.

Yea any one remember a while back a mother took her kid to a rental range and shot and killed him then killed herself. Maby there should be a 1 time check for each range. Maby could save a life since the previously mentioned regularity of this is pretty true.

Marco

said:
Maybe there should be a 1 time check for each range. Maybe could save a life since the previously mentioned regularity of this is pretty true.

:banghead:
Did I actually see someone blaming a type of firearm rather than the fool in control of it?
Sure and we should add ropes, household cleaners, swimming pools, bath tubs, steak knives, cars, smokes, booze, heavy equipment, bikes, dogs, video games, butter... etc... The list of things folks have available to them that they can use to take their life is endless...

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Yea HA HA HA!

But really its just a though. Im not advocating for stricter gunlaw or running in the streets saying guns should be band. GET OVER IT

Should mention that this post is all sarcasim. But will defent my right to have a bad idea.

You'd better be careful!
You're still on probation and still have THOSE TAGS . Your Visa could be revoked.

Tanner

:banghead:
Did I actually see someone blaming a type of firearm rather than the fool in control of it?
Sure and we should add ropes, household cleaners, swimming pools, bath tubs, steak knives, cars, smokes, booze, heavy equipment, bikes, dogs, video games, butter... etc... The list of things folks have available to them that they can use to take their life is endless...

when did I say anything about a type of firearm? and yea we could kill ourself with any thing. When people do these things it overall hurts the public on firearms. I rather some one fall on a chainsaw that use a gun.....
not to many antis agains chainsaws.

Tanner

You'd better be careful!
You're still on probation and still have THOSE TAGS . Your Visa could be revoked.

can i get in trouble for having NY tags while the car is in NY? This is kinda a serious question, but I dont see how its a offence. When we get back the sameday we will have VA tags on our blazer. The mustang is staying in NY.

scouser

can i get in trouble for having NY tags while the car is in NY? This is kinda a serious question, but I dont see how its a offence. When we get back the sameday we will have VA tags on our blazer. The mustang is staying in NY.

If I remember correctly, you have 30 days once you move to VA to get your car registered here and your licence changed to a VA DL

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

No, you won't get in trouble for that....but you could get in trouble for being from NY and making subversive suggestions.:p