• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What the heck happened at Straight Shooters in Colonial Heights today?????

Betty_Rose_Brown

If someone has a psych history that would bar them from buying a gun from an FFL that wouldn't bar them renting a gun.

This is one reason I don't shoot at such places.

Okay, I'm new here, but could some one tell me where to go to figure out what all these acronyms mean? :(

Bowesmobile

Man, the sarcasm in this thread! :lol: Well I'm from the north, south and east of Virginia. I like boiled peanuts, okra, and all that other stuff. I also know that this guy that committed suicide would have likely found another way had he not done it at the range. Its sad that the owner is going through all this because of someone else's illness. Suicides often happen because people have lost hope. Seeing the way our kids are raised and the agenda in the public screwels really speaks to why suicide is on the rise. Especially in teenagers today.

67GT390FB

LOL I tried that "delicacy" when I was working at the White House and on a trip with Jimmy "the idiot" Carter to his vacation spot in Saint Simons Georgia.

I will have to lump that with Grits, Okra and Sweet potatoes, No thanks.

But back to the topic, Jeff runs a good range and I just hope he doesn't have any problems from the suicide. It would be a shame. His range far surpassed the joke on Midlothian across from the State Police HQ!

how dare you lump sweet potatoes in with that other garbage.

va_tazdad

Showing support

I have known Jeff for over 20 years and have attended his SOS classes to re-cert for my state requirements.

His range is safe, clean and well ventilated. I will attend another annual re-cert on August 5, 2012.

(No strange colored or tasting vegetables required)

;>)

Tanner

+1

Tanner you had to be reigned in once before. I caught you telling some silly stuff to Jaime Radtke about a Federal law that prevents truckers from being able to carry. I hope I was polite about it, but I nearly jumped into you with both feet about that. I had to get John Pierce over to set you straight, and explain to Jaime that what you were telling her was utter nonsense. I just don't have the tact or patience when It comes to correcting people that spout nonsense about gun laws. You have 200 posts since May, maybe you should lurk more, learn, and post less.

I have said on more than a billion ocasions that this was something that I have not confirmed but remember seeing something about firearms in the FMCSA. The thing about a forum is that I look at it like a convorsation. I never sold my thoughts off as fact and while the things posted on here may lead someone in the wrong direction and potentially get them in trouble I think it was obvious that my thoughts on the law that may or may not exist were hear say. If I gave any other impression I am sorry. As for your comment about " lurk more, learn, and post less." I say that no one ever learned anything by keeping their mouth shut. Yes I am still fresh on all of this. Do I not get to speak? Can I not be wrong? Since I started out here I have been respectfull and honest and been more than happy to take some kind of hazing. Till now its not been an issue but with much respect I would like to say that in reguards to something that I recall but cannot cite proof is not utter nonsense. I may be wrong or maby I read something and misunderstood. But one thing is for sure if I cant prove it I will admit that I cannot prove it. Have a good day

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I have said on more than a billion ocasions that this was something that I have not confirmed but remember seeing something about firearms in the FMCSA. The thing about a forum is that I look at it like a convorsation. I never sold my thoughts off as fact and while the things posted on here may lead someone in the wrong direction and potentially get them in trouble I think it was obvious that my thoughts on the law that may or may not exist were hear say. If I gave any other impression I am sorry. As for your comment about " lurk more, learn, and post less." I say that no one ever learned anything by keeping their mouth shut. Yes I am still fresh on all of this. Do I not get to speak? Can I not be wrong? Since I started out here I have been respectfull and honest and been more than happy to take some kind of hazing. Till now its not been an issue but with much respect I would like to say that in reguards to something that I recall but cannot cite proof is not utter nonsense. I may be wrong or maby I read something and misunderstood. But one thing is for sure if I cant prove it I will admit that I cannot prove it. Have a good day

Tanner the problem is that this forum is so widely read and even quoted: media, politicians, antis and fence sitters - some delight in our mistakes. Others may take such opinions and have problems, because the heard /saw it on OCDO.

Ask questions and look for solid answers w/cites, but we must be careful about offering distorted and/or misleading opinions.

I also think internal bickering is not a good thing, particularly when it is done publicly. We all mean well and need to recognize that in each other.

Tanner

Tanner the problem is that this forum is so widely read and even quoted: media, politicians, antis and fence sitters - some delight in our mistakes. Others may take such opinions and have problems, because the heard /saw it on OCDO.

Ask questions and look for solid answers w/cites, but we must be careful about offering distorted and/or misleading opinions.

I also think internal bickering is not a good thing, particularly when it is done publicly. We all mean well and need to recognize that in each other.

Perfect choice of words. If I may. We OC despite what others think or how they feel. Sometime we cant control every aspect of a public forum. Where there is a will there is a way. The media and others will make the story they want reguardless of what you or I do or say. Its unfortunate and unfair (to be a child about it). This shouldent stop us from talking about things to find out what is acctually true. Ill be the first to tell you that im usually wrong. My scatter brain only allows me to remember fragments of the things I learn. So yea sometimes I will get it wrong or I will have a bad opinion and im more than happy to hear about it. There is alot more I care to say but ill leave it as is. But for the record so far I have taken care to point out my sarcasim and stupid jokes because the written word is easily manipulated and I think it was Skid who pointed it out to me that this site is monitered by all kinds of people looking to hurt the goals most of us share. I know I post alot and probably bother some people on here. My guess is because of my inexperience. Kind of ironic since I see alot about people carry to educate and what not. Sorry for the long message

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
. As for your comment about " lurk more, learn, and post less." I say that no one ever learned anything by keeping their mouth shut.

Tanner, you're a nice guy. I've met you in person. I totally disagree with you. It's great you're attending the OC breakfasts; those guys Grape, Skid, Joe, Peter,Pro are the best.
I will not respect you as one of my peers in the 2nd Amendment activist community until you do a few things. Get VA plates, attend a Lobby Day, join VCDL and refrain from uttering nonsense. If you do the first three things I said I could let the last one slide a little.

Lurk more, type less.