• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

In case you don't hear from me for a while.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
Well, I'm still alive, but the surgeon is apparently concerned about what he found in my legs. Recovery will probably be longer than he first thought. I'm probably not going back to work. And if I'm not careful, I could lose one or both legs.

I guess I just have to be extra careful. :D

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I just found out the source of the problem might be a fluid sack that had been discovered in my right knee back in 2002! With luck, since it's now been drained I might not be in such bad shape. But, only time will tell for sure.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
I have some nice chunks of meat missing from my right thigh and left foot. Now I just have to find out how long before I can go back to work, if ever. I guess my next nightmare will be applying for either long term, or permanent disability.

Maine Expat

Glad to hear you made it through the surgery ok Al. Hope your recovery goes best case for you.

I'll blow up a few watermelons in your honor. :banana:

Get well SOON!

HKcarrier

I have some nice chunks of meat missing from my right thigh and left foot. Now I just have to find out how long before I can go back to work, if ever. I guess my next nightmare will be applying for either long term, or permanent disability.

Surgery and medical conditions are the reason there is disability... REAL MEDICAL CONDITIONS... don't feel bad about using the system that was put in place to help people like you. It's the leeches who whine about their back pain then climb up on the roof to reshingle it the next day that are the problem.

Hope you can make some sort of recovery.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
So far, everything is mending well. One of the wound VACs have been removed. The surgical wound on my left knee is almost healed. The wound on my feet are coming along, and the bacterial infection seems to be gone now.

My hope is that I will be going home after I see the surgeon Friday. All the nurses here think I will be going home. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
So far, everything is mending well. One of the wound VACs have been removed. The surgical wound on my left knee is almost healed. The wound on my feet are coming along, and the bacterial infection seems to be gone now.

My hope is that I will be going home after I see the surgeon Friday. All the nurses here think I will be going home. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Good to hear; thanks for the update. You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.