Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Regal Kingstowne Cinema and their no gun policy

Regal Kingstowne Cinema and their no gun policy

I'm sure a lot of you all frequent the Kingstowne Shopping center along with the Regal Cinema there for movies. But recently I had an incident where the manager in charge (MIC) asked me to leave my firearm in the car due to there being rules about firearms in the cinema. I was confronted by the MIC and a police officer about it. The police officer was surprisingly supportive of me carrying to watch my movie and the MIC was very adamant that firearms were not allowed as per their Code of Conduct (or whatever their rules are called).

If you look from the outside there are obviously no "No Gun" signs or non of that nonsense. But if you read their CoC in very tiny words and in one sentence it says "No firearms on premises unless law enforcement". I have been there multiple times to watch movies with my friends and girlfriend and never have I had a bat of an eye or a word spoken to me until that MIC told me I could not carry.

I am telling you all this just to give you a heads up about their illegal signage about the "No Guns" attempt at a sign. I think it was just this MIC that was afraid of firearms in general and the police officer tried to calm him down while talking to me and explaining the law. The officer even said she has never seen the sign or ever had a problem with people carrying inside the theater at all until this MIC got all crazy eyed.

What do you think?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Unfortunately, that's pretty standard for theaters. It's made me a great supporter of the DVD industry.

Why do you think the sign is "Illegal"?

Must be someone knew, I have never had an issue there.

Carl

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Regal theaters are notoriously anti.

There is no such thing as an illegal gun sign on private property.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member
    Sorry to say I've never heard of a firearm friendly Regal or AMC theater. My wife and I used to semi-regularly see movies together, but since we've become aware of how hostile movie theaters are toward people who only want to protect their lives, we see maybe 1 movie a year and that in a firearm friendly theater in town, that is a little out of the way to drive to.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Regal theaters are notoriously anti.

There is no such thing as an illegal gun sign on private property.
    I happen to disagree with you on this, but I can't get any traction on finding others to agree with me.

A very large, but privately held business in Fredericksburg displays a sign which says "it is unlawful to carry a handgun in this facility".

I firmly believe this is an illegal sign, as it is not a true statement, and it causes the casual reader to believe that the act of carrying a firearm there is a crime, which is absolutely untrue.

The act of remaining on the property after being asked to leave if you are carrying is a crime, but there is no law that says you cannot carry a firearm in that facility.

TFred

I would say its "illegal" because Its not within common view. I really had to look for it to really notice it.

Oh well....the cop told me to just conceal it so that's what I'm doing from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by supranite90 View Post
    I would say its "illegal" because Its not within common view. I really had to look for it to really notice it.

Oh well....the cop told me to just conceal it so that's what I'm doing from now on.
    There is a world of difference between unenforceable and illegal.

Then I truly meant unenforceable....please excuse my ignorance

Then I truly meant unenforceable....please excuse my ignorance
    There is a world of difference between ignorance and inexperience!

I'll give you an example..
    If I put up a sign that says:
    Persons with guns will have to pay a $500.00 rule violation fee or we will break your knees.
    That's an illegal sign. It's a threat, a technical assault and extortion.

If I put up a sign that says:
    Persons with guns will have to pay a $500.00 rule violation fee
    That's just unenforceable.
    Last edited by peter nap; 07-19-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Persons with guns will have to pay a $500.00 rule violation fee or we will break your knees.
    You'd have a much easier time collecting if you changed it to "Persons without guns"

Roscoe
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roscoe13 View Post
    You'd have a much easier time collecting if you changed it to "Persons without guns"

Roscoe
    Ha! This caught me a little off guard and I laughed out loud.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    Ha! This caught me a little off guard and I laughed out loud.
    It was pretty good (He's getting to be a bigger smart ass than me)

Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    I happen to disagree with you on this, but I can't get any traction on finding others to agree with me.

A very large, but privately held business in Fredericksburg displays a sign which says "it is unlawful to carry a handgun in this facility".

I firmly believe this is an illegal sign, as it is not a true statement, and it causes the casual reader to believe that the act of carrying a firearm there is a crime, which is absolutely untrue.

The act of remaining on the property after being asked to leave if you are carrying is a crime, but there is no law that says you cannot carry a firearm in that facility.

TFred
    Were a municipality to post such a sign on public property, yes that would be illegal, not authorized by statute.

Private property owners can and do lie. What crime is being committed? There is no "color of law" being imposed by a private actor.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Why Carry at a Movie Theater?

Wow! An absolutely tragic example of why to carry everywhere you go, even a movie theater.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/20...movie-theater/

Quote Originally Posted by VApatriot View Post
    Wow! An absolutely tragic example of why to carry everywhere you go, even a movie theater.

Yep, CNN reporting 14 killed & 50 injured. Not much info yet on guns used although one rifle and two handguns being mentioned. Apparently entered through an emergency exit door and threw in a smoke grenade before opening fire.

Quote Originally Posted by VApatriot View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Enthusiast View Post
    Yep, CNN reporting 14 killed & 50 injured. Not much info yet on guns used although one rifle and two handguns being mentioned. Apparently entered through an emergency exit door and threw in a smoke grenade before opening fire.
    The Brady Bunch must be wetting themselves with delight

and out of the 100s of people there not a single solitary person was able to protect them self or someone els. I would argue that IF at least one person was carrying that this could have been less tragic. Where was 911? I almost always see a LEO at a theater at a midnight showing of a big movie like this. Go figure the one time their needed they are no where to be found. 911 CAN NOT SAVE YOU! Even if the police were there do you think they would be focused of saving an individuals life while disreguarding their own? People could still be shot and killed while the police are present. For god sake at least carry a rock! <---joke

Now all we will hear about is stricter gun law for sure. I bet the law is named after this.
    How Ironic is it that this thread just so happened to be around when this happend?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    and out of the 100s of people there not a single solitary person was able to protect them self or someone els. I would argue that IF at least one person was carrying that this could have been less tragic. Where was 911? I almost always see a LEO at a theater at a midnight showing of a big movie like this. Go figure the one time their needed they are no where to be found. 911 CAN NOT SAVE YOU! Even if the police were there do you think they would be focused of saving an individuals life while disreguarding their own? People could still be shot and killed while the police are present. For god sake at least carry a rock! <---joke

Now all we will hear about is stricter gun law for sure. I bet the law is named after this.
    How Ironic is it that this thread just so happened to be around when this happend?
    Excellent suggestion - carry a rock, a 1911 .45ACP rock.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...s_id/411539804

Theater Shooting

Its still hard to understand how people can STILL be against 2A and our right to carry. What kind of moron thinks a SIGN will stop a BadGuy from doing his Dirty Deeds? SimplyFugginAmazing...

911 = Government Sponsored Dial-A-Prayer

SillyCommies...
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Thats funny grape

Quote Originally Posted by MSC 45ACP View Post
    Its still hard to understand how people can STILL be against 2A and our right to carry. What kind of moron thinks a SIGN will stop a BadGuy from doing his Dirty Deeds? SimplyFugginAmazing...

911 = Government Sponsored Dial-A-Prayer

SillyCommies...
    They're not against guns for self-defense Mike............as long as they are the only ones with guns and the only ones being defended.

They want you and I to **** and pay our tribute taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by MSC 45ACP View Post
    What kind of moron thinks a SIGN will stop a BadGuy from doing his Dirty Deeds?
    No, no, no. The report suggests the shooter entered through an emergency exit, so obviously the problem is that they forgot to post the exits. A sign can't stop someone if it isn't there.

If they had just decided not to cut their sign budget, then the shooter would have been properly notified that he wasn't permitted to be armed in the theater, and nothing would have happened!

And yes, for the sarcasm impaired, I am being sarcastic.
    Alma 43:47 - "And again, the Lord has said that: Ye shall defend your families even unto bloodshed...."
    Self defense isn't just a good idea, it's a commandment.

I'm sure a lot of you all frequent the Kingstowne Shopping center along with the Regal Cinema there for movies. But recently I had an incident where the manager in charge (MIC) asked me to leave my firearm in the car due to there being rules about firearms in the cinema. I was confronted by the MIC and a police officer about it. The police officer was surprisingly supportive of me carrying to watch my movie and the MIC was very adamant that firearms were not allowed as per their Code of Conduct (or whatever their rules are called).
    What do you think?
    Howdy Pard!
    I believe such attitudes prohibiting law abiding citizens to carry in theaters make situations like happened this morning in Aurora Colorado possible.
    The bad guy didn't much care about whatever policy the manager in charge might care to enforce. He wasn't there to obey anything apart from his own impulses.

Blessings,
    M-Taliesin

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Taliesin View Post
    I believe such attitudes prohibiting law abiding citizens to carry in theaters make situations like happened this morning in Aurora Colorado possible.
    Strongly agree.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast