• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Regal Kingstowne Cinema and their no gun policy

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Its still hard to understand how people can STILL be against 2A and our right to carry. What kind of moron thinks a SIGN will stop a BadGuy from doing his Dirty Deeds? SimplyFugginAmazing...

911 = Government Sponsored Dial-A-Prayer

SillyCommies...

They're not against guns for self-defense Mike............as long as they are the only ones with guns and the only ones being defended.

They want you and I to **** and pay our [strike]tribute[/strike] taxes.

grylnsmn

What kind of moron thinks a SIGN will stop a BadGuy from doing his Dirty Deeds?
No, no, no. The report suggests the shooter entered through an emergency exit, so obviously the problem is that they forgot to post the exits. A sign can't stop someone if it isn't there.

If they had just decided not to cut their sign budget, then the shooter would have been properly notified that he wasn't permitted to be armed in the theater, and nothing would have happened!

And yes, for the sarcasm impaired, I am being sarcastic.

M-Taliesin

I'm sure a lot of you all frequent the Kingstowne Shopping center along with the Regal Cinema there for movies. But recently I had an incident where the manager in charge (MIC) asked me to leave my firearm in the car due to there being rules about firearms in the cinema. I was confronted by the MIC and a police officer about it. The police officer was surprisingly supportive of me carrying to watch my movie and the MIC was very adamant that firearms were not allowed as per their Code of Conduct (or whatever their rules are called).
What do you think?

Howdy Pard!
I believe such attitudes prohibiting law abiding citizens to carry in theaters make situations like happened this morning in Aurora Colorado possible.
The bad guy didn't much care about whatever policy the manager in charge might care to enforce. He wasn't there to obey anything apart from his own impulses.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

carolina guy

Hmm..sounds like the theater is at fault on this one

As much as it pains me to make a private company "responsible" for the protection of the public they serve...if you are going to disarm the customers, you should at least restrict access to the entrance.

All the movie theaters that I have been to recently LOCK the emergency exits from outside entry...and most don't even have knobs or handles on the outside. So, some employee failed to secure the door, or it was not locked to begin with.

Last edited:

ericandi

Anti gun crowd will try to use Colorado incident

Howdy Pard!
I believe such attitudes prohibiting law abiding citizens to carry in theaters make situations like happened this morning in Aurora Colorado possible.
The bad guy didn't much care about whatever policy the manager in charge might care to enforce. He wasn't there to obey anything apart from his own impulses.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

You are right on. Unfortunately, the anti gun crowd supported by the liberal media will try to use this incident to push for stricter gun laws. In reality the opposite is true. Criminals will always be able to get their guns. Prohibition has never worked. Not for drugs, alcohol, guns, anything. Had someone in that audience been carrying a concealed weapon and trained well to use, they may have had an outside chance of getting off a clean shot on this sicko before he killed so many people. Even if they saved one life, it would have been a huge deal. But instead, the law abiding citizens probably followed the theaters wishes if they had "No Firearm signs" but of course this nut job would have committed this terrible act regardless of any signs. I have tickets for Dark Knight later today. I bought them a few days ago before all this happened. I plan on going and carrying. If they search me and find my gun and my carry permit isnt enough to satisfy them to let me in, then I will go home with some harsh words for the manager. This incident is exactly why law abiding citizens need to be able to defend themselves. A nut job can always find a way to breach an unsecured facility like a mall, theater, school, or church. If he is the only one armed, he cause unlimited carnage and loss of life, totally unchecked until theorize arrive usually after the perp is out of ammo and scores of people are already dead. :banghead:

mwaterous

Howdy Pard!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

ah, beat me to it. :)

Betty_Rose_Brown

How is it - that in a theater that's crowded with people - not ONE person had a handgun (other than the shooter)?

And I read that the police arrested the shooter in the parking lot???

He was DONE and *that's* when he got stopped?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
How is it - that in a theater that's crowded with people - not ONE person had a handgun (other than the shooter)?

Apparently many people thought it was an act for the movie and just sat in their seats.
I doubt any of those Spruce Yuppies had a gun.
Colorado ain't what it used to be!

TFred

Because law abiding citizens tend to obey the law... including the lawful wishes of property owners who insist that you be a sitting duck in their theater while a mad man walks around shooting people.

TFred

Bowesmobile

Because law abiding citizens tend to obey the law... including the lawful wishes of property owners who insist that you be a sitting duck in their theater while a mad man walks around shooting people.

TFred

Exactly, and thats why us law abiding citizens should not give up our rights to protection so easily. Stop visiting these places and keep safe. Do you think anyone going into that movie that night thought "well I better be packing heat, cause this place is gonna get shot up"! You never know when crime is coming to visit. They never phone ahead and ask you if its okay to stop by...

supranite90

I'm sorry if this sounds a little cocky or whatnot but after what happened in Colorado, I will always go armed to the theaters. If the manager wants to kick me out then its his loss on safety not mine. I'm the one with the firearm and the know how to use it. If someone started shooting, I damn will shoot back at the threat.

supranite90

and out of the 100s of people there not a single solitary person was able to protect them self or someone els. I would argue that IF at least one person was carrying that this could have been less tragic. Where was 911? I almost always see a LEO at a theater at a midnight showing of a big movie like this. Go figure the one time their needed they are no where to be found.:shocker: 911 CAN NOT SAVE YOU! Even if the police were there do you think they would be focused of saving an individuals life while disreguarding their own? People could still be shot and killed while the police are present. For god sake at least carry a rock! <---joke

Now all we will hear about is stricter gun law for sure. I bet the law is named after this.
How Ironic is it that this thread just so happened to be around when this happend?

Its crazy ironic that this happened....and i got a text from my mother telling me about this so i hopped on to OCDO and found all this goin on....i'm still a bit behind the curve and i have to go to work :(

Bob1

<snip>If someone started shooting, I damn will shoot back at the threat.

Neutralizing that shooter wouldn't be quite as simple as you make it out to be. He apparently was wearing body armor, theater full of hysterical people and no clear line of fire due to smoke grenade or maybe it was a CS grenade or a flashbang.

Betty_Rose_Brown

Neutralizing that shooter wouldn't be quite as simple as you make it out to be. He apparently was wearing body armor, theater full of hysterical people and no clear line of fire due to smoke grenade or maybe it was a CS grenade or a flashbang.

Perhaps not, but do you remember the story about the shooting at the Appalachia School of Law? The media STILL refuses to tell the whole truth about this story, but the true story appeared in regional papers (when it happened) and was also in John Lott's book ("More Guns, Less Crime").

Another crazy young person walked into the school and started shooting. When the shooting started at the Appalachia School of Law (Mundy, VA), two students ran to their vehicles to get their firearms. When they approached the shooter, he quickly surrendered his gun(s).

These crazy-as-loons shooters are cowards, and in the case mentioned above, all it took was the PRESENCE of two-armed students to make the shooting stop. BTW, a state trooper was later quoted as saying that those two students saved who-knows-how-many lives. The shooter had dozens of rounds and several weapons, and apparently intended to keep shooting until he ran out of ammo.

Three people died in that shooting. How many lives were saved by those two students? 10, 20, 30 or more?

And yet how many people have ever heard of the shootings at the Appalachia School of Law? I swear, if you didn't know better, you'd think the media was purposefully suppressing this particular story.

And if you google this story, ignore what wikipedia has to say. Here's a link that seems to be mostly accurate: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,43254,00.html

mpguy

It's sad the media can't even get it right. I heard reports with the guys at work, of the exit door being busted down. My first thought was how? Most of those doors are solid metal, and locked from the outside.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2