• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Current info on renewing OR permit for WA residents

hermannr

There is no other Sheriff like Palmer in John Day in Oregon. I think we should all support him and his county. It's a beautiful drive, and the John Day Fossil beds are interesting too

Nebulis01

Back in October 2011. I renewed mine in Umatilla County, was quite easy, maybe 30-45mins in and out. Had to wait for the deputy to finish in court :)

Last edited:

coyote 30

I have renewed my OR permit twice now in Multnomah county and will be renewing next week in Multnomah county for a third time. Every time has been easy and trouble free. Have had a permit from Multnomah county now for the past 12 years.
FYI I tried renewing one time in Jackson county in Medford and they would not take a WA resident CHL application. I tried it there as I have family there and grew up there and it was just convenient as I was there visiting family. Jackson county sheriff is no friend of lawful gun carrying public.