NRS 203.080 Armed association.
1. It shall be unlawful for any body of individuals other than municipal police, university or public school cadets or companies, militia of the State or troops of the United States, to associate themselves together as a military company with arms without the consent of the Governor; but members of social and benevolent associations are not prohibited from wearing swords.
2. Every person who shall associate with others in violation of this section shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.
[1911 C&P § 339; RL § 6604; NCL § 10287]—(NRS A 1967, 1341)
NRS 412.026 Composition of militia.
1. The militia of the State is composed of the Nevada National Guard and, when called into active service by the Governor, the Nevada National Guard Reserve and any volunteer organizations licensed by the Governor.
2. The Nevada National Guard is an organized body of enlisted personnel between the ages of 17 and 64 years and commissioned officers between the ages of 18 and 64 years, divided into the Nevada Army National Guard and the Nevada Air National Guard.
3. The Nevada National Guard Reserve is an unorganized body comprising all able-bodied residents of the State between the ages of 17 and 64 years who:
(a) Are not serving in any force of the Nevada National Guard;
(b) Are or have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States; and
(c) Are not exempted from military duty under the laws of this state or the United States.
4. If a volunteer organization is formed and becomes licensed by the Governor, it shall consist of an organized body of able-bodied residents of the State between the ages of 17 and 64 years who are not serving in any force of the Nevada National Guard and who are or who have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States.
(Added to NRS by 1967, 1292; A 1975, 798; 1999, 6)