Thread: open carry question

open carry question

i am an alabama resident, and have an alabama pistol permit. i frequently shop in pascagoula,ms because it is actually closer to my house. if im correct, my permit is also valid in ms. my question is, am i going to be hassled by police for open carrying in ms? i know its legal, but i know its also legal in al and people still get hassled/arrested for it over here. just trying to get a heads up about what to expect before diving in so to speak. thanks.

Being hassled for open carry is a possibility here. Just make sure you have your ccw permit with you when carrying in public. It might be good to have an attorney on speed dial since our AG decided to stir up the mud on open and concealed carry.

Thanks for the reply. how many of you are still ocing after the ag opinion was released? I would love to be able to oc without fear of landing in jail. im ok with a small chance of it, just not ok if its a big risk.

Don't know about others but, I still oc in the Hattiesburg metro area with no problems.

I still OC. The AG opinion is a horrible contradiction of itself and of the English language, so I'm not really worried about it.