• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry question

cedwards

i am an alabama resident, and have an alabama pistol permit. i frequently shop in pascagoula,ms because it is actually closer to my house. if im correct, my permit is also valid in ms. my question is, am i going to be hassled by police for open carrying in ms? i know its legal, but i know its also legal in al and people still get hassled/arrested for it over here. just trying to get a heads up about what to expect before diving in so to speak. thanks.

bigun220

Being hassled for open carry is a possibility here. Just make sure you have your ccw permit with you when carrying in public. It might be good to have an attorney on speed dial since our AG decided to stir up the mud on open and concealed carry.

cedwards

Thanks for the reply. how many of you are still ocing after the ag opinion was released? I would love to be able to oc without fear of landing in jail. im ok with a small chance of it, just not ok if its a big risk.