Thread: James Yeager on OC vs CC

James Yeager on OC vs CC

McX
    i never listen to 'experts' wearing sunglasses.
    Last edited by McX; 07-19-2012 at 02:21 PM.

the failed to mention some very important things like OC in Cali got so big becuse CC is almost impossible, There was a part about OC in A Major Metro area that they (who is they?) "would stick it up your ass" um . . . I live in Las Vegas a "Major metropolitan area" I OC every day and I have never had an issue.
    remove handgun registration in Clark County,NV

2nd amendment in modern English: The people have the right to own and carry firearms, and it may not be violated because a well-equipped Militia is necessary for a State to remain secure and free.

Experts... in what exactly? Talking trash? Why only bring up the lamest open carry arguments? I just see two narrow minded punks with nothing better to do than attack the gun community they represent. Morons.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by silvia0073 View Post
    Experts... in what exactly? Talking trash? Why only bring up the lamest open carry arguments? I just see two narrow minded punks with nothing better to do than attack the gun community they represent. Morons.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    They do not represent any gun community I belong to. They represent the community of "I'm a Self-Defense Expert and I Know More than You Ignorant People."

I have long felt that the only reason many of these people are against Open Carry is because it is a threat to the money they make from concealed carry.

At least one that I know of claims to have been a commissioned officer. I have yet to be able to find any independent proof of that.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Sadly, if you watch enough of Yeager's videos you'll see just how goofy he really is and it's not the silly goofy either.

Most of his notoriety seems to stem from his appearance on One Man Army.
    Last edited by REALteach4u; 07-29-2012 at 01:45 PM.

I've watched enough of his material to come to the conclusion that he generally is quite knowledgeable. I'd give him quite a bit of credibility actually.

In this case however, he is running his mouth with no justification. He even brought up some good points about ineptitude in skill level, and cheap holsters, but the main argument he is using, that OCing is bad period, we all know is nonsense.

The thing I wish he'd come to terms with is that people carry openly, it's not about to stop, and if he wants to do the right thing he should be encouraging interested people to do it responsibly, rather than bashing the practice.
    Last edited by Michigander; 07-29-2012 at 01:54 PM.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    I've watched enough of his material to come to the conclusion that he generally is quite knowledgeable. I'd give him quite a bit of credibility actually.

In this case however, he is running his mouth with no justification. He even brought up some good points about ineptitude in skill level, and cheap holsters, but the main argument he is using, that OCing is bad period, we all know is nonsense.

The thing I wish he'd come to terms with is that people carry openly, it's not about to stop, and if he wants to do the right thing he should be encouraging interested people to do it responsibly, rather than bashing the practice.
    But then he would not be making money off of it. Although there are honest, hardworking firearms instructors out there who do recognize that open or concealed carry is an individual preference (where legal), there are far more who are like this "expert". Quite frankly, I would give neither him nor Rob Pincus the time of day concerning firearms and their use.

Open Carry is defensive in nature in that it presents a deterrent to most would-be criminals. Concealed Carry is offensive in that it presents no deterrence until an action is initiated by the bad guy.
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Yeager bashes everything to get views. Except his glock and the ammunition he indorses. He bashes the 1911 even though he admits to never owning one. He does not truly acknowledge the break in period that all firearms have. He insults people on his videos. He bashes any round that's not a 9mm. If you use a .40 he will tell you to use a 9. He bashes anything that can get him views and he singles out people who have a simple malfunction and instead of seeing if the owner is using the wrong ammo/load he will bash the firearm not show how to clear it and tell them to buy a glock. How am I supposed to trust a instructor with this attitude? Some of the stuff is tyre but how am I supposed to trust what he says? Why should I give him my money when he acts like that? Also he trains people to be above simple weapon safety rules? What bull is that?

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    But then he would not be making money off of it.
    I would think he might, because I have never heard of him teaching a CC permit class.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-fjr...yer_detailpage
    Here is James Yeager hiding in the ditch leaving wounded behind.. COWARD
    Last edited by Tacitus42; 07-29-2012 at 09:43 PM.
    "Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms." Josey Wales

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    But then he would not be making money off of it. Although there are honest, hardworking firearms instructors out there who do recognize that open or concealed carry is an individual preference (where legal), there are far more who are like this "expert". Quite frankly, I would give neither him nor Rob Pincus the time of day concerning firearms and their use.

Open Carry is defensive in nature in that it presents a deterrent to most would-be criminals. Concealed Carry is offensive in that it presents no deterrence until an action is initiated by the bad guy.
    I agree. I would not give my money to anyone who does not COMPLETELY support the Second Amendment. These guys would have been the ones getting harrassed back when this country was founded, because the only recognized way of carrying in the majority of the states was Openly Carrying. The majority considered carrying arms concealed as having something to hide. These guys make money from concealed carry and that is what it's all about. Do they support the Second Amendment? Only if it benefits their wallet it seems! I support every aspect of the 2A!
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Just a little historical footnote; this is the way the Supreme Court and Legislature of the State of Alabama viewed concealed carry back in 1840:

http://alabamaopencarry.com/docs/statevreid.pdf

Both the Court and the Legislature condemn concealed carry as an "evil practice" and one not worthy of honest men. Now, 172 years later, it seems that concealed carry has become the carry worthy of honest men and open carry is an "evil practice" which is to be viewed by both citizenry and law enforcement with a somewhat jaundiced eye.

Where did we go wrong?

ps: Still wouldn't give either Yeager or Pincus the time of day as far as firearms and their usage are concerned.