• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock 23 Gen4 for sale -- KKM 9mm Barrel Fits Glock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollbar

I deleted the post BODY due to this Google Forum, and Googles RULES.

(10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such).

That is the best I can do cause I don't see a delete tab to delete my post.

Last edited:

Rollbar

Sold pending funds.

Tried to delete post but can't figure it out. :(

Last edited:

Rollbar

With all due respects to whom-That is STUPID!

This is a GUN FORUM correct?

So I guess Google is going to dictate what goes on here on this forum, just like on their site in regards to Firearms.

So I guess the almighty dollar take precedence over gun sales or guns in general.

I guess all we can do here is TALK about guns, next thing you know, LINKS will not be allowed to gun PARTS!

Just my opinion,
Jim

Motofixxer

So I guess Google is going to dictate what goes on here on this forum, just like on their site in regards to Firearms.

So I guess the almighty dollar take precedence over gun sales or guns in general.

I guess all we can do here is TALK about guns, next thing you know, LINKS will not be allowed to gun PARTS!

Just my opinion,
Jim

Your free to talk about and discuss things, but if you break the rules the site owner has in place for whatever reasoning. Then your no longer able to to post on the site. I'm sure if you owned the site you could set any rules you wanted to also. Unless your willing to support the site at the same level the Ads do, you will have to abide by the current rules. Feel free to offer equal $ support to the site owners and I bet they would gladly remove the ads, thus likely changing the rules too.

Just like you have authority to set rules at your home, and remove anyone if they break em or just cuz you feel like it. The site owners also have rules in place and will enforce them. If you disagree with them go start your own site and run it different. There are plenty of site to sell your Arms on.

wrightme

Just my opinion,
Jim

Google ads provide revenue that helps keep the site operational. Those ads do include relevant items such as holsters and such.

Either agree to abide by the rules of the site owner and post, or don't agree and expect to not post.

Rollbar

Sold pending funds.

Tried to delete post but can't figure it out. :(

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

For one I do not, nor do 99% of the people I'll bet, read the rules of a forum.

1. There are so many and like minded/rules etc.

2. Don't have time.

3. Usually don't break them.

4. Usually GUN FORUMS let one sell guns or GUN RELATED items but I guess Google is in-charge of this forum. Like you said, money talks even though a sponsor may be against guns, money still talks.

When I read the post about #10 it came at the same time funds were pending & I said (read quote above). I tried to conform to said rule but there is not a button so I can delete my on post.

I have plenty of forums and you are right there are rules, but I do no let a sponsor dictate to me their rules to get their money/support. Might as well call it Googles Open Carry Forum if that is the case.

Again, I tried to delete it but couldn't. The gun DID NOT SELL ON THIS FORUM, NOR did I receive contacts (people asking about said gun) from THIS FORUM.

I WILL NOT try or post another GUN FOR SALE on this forum since I learned the Google rule #10.

I messed up and it won't happen again,

Jim

RULE 10 - (10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such).

Last edited:

Rollbar

I deleted the post BODY due to this Google Forum, and Googles RULES.

(10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such).

That is the best I can do cause I don't see a delete tab to delete my post.

I have done everything in my power.

Jim

vegaspassat

well ****, I guess I don't have a very good reason to stop using google & chrome now. If I stop using google & chrome then I need to stop using this site as well.....and I don't think I'm going to be doing that anytime soon.

OC-moto450r

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

For one I do not, nor do 99% of the people I'll bet, read the rules of a forum.

1. There are so many and like minded/rules etc.

2. Don't have time.

3. Usually don't break them.

4. Usually GUN FORUMS let one sell guns or GUN RELATED items but I guess Google is in-charge of this forum. Like you said, money talks even though a sponsor may be against guns, money still talks.

When I read the post about #10 it came at the same time funds were pending & I said (read quote above). I tried to conform to said rule but there is not a button so I can delete my on post.

I have plenty of forums and you are right there are rules, but I do no let a sponsor dictate to me their rules to get their money/support. Might as well call it Googles Open Carry Forum if that is the case.

Again, I tried to delete it but couldn't. The gun DID NOT SELL ON THIS FORUM, NOR did I receive contacts (people asking about said gun) from THIS FORUM.

I WILL NOT try or post another GUN FOR SALE on this forum since I learned the Google rule #10.

I messed up and it won't happen again,

Jim

RULE 10 - (10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE/TRADE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such).

you non-conformist trouble maker.......for [strike]officer's[/strike] Googles safety you have been BANNED!

OC-moto450r

well ****, I guess I don't have a very good reason to stop using google & chrome now. If I stop using google & chrome then I need to stop using this site as well.....and I don't think I'm going to be doing that anytime soon.

funny how its all connected huh?

Rollbar

Exactly-that is why guns laws are like they are-most people won't stick or choose to fight back-they just go w/the flow.

Now I am not directing that at you or anyone-just a statement we all know is true. This is a great forum but to be dictated by a sponsor like this just blows my mind-again it comes down to money, nothing to do w/guns, just getting sponsors to fatten the wallet.

Rollbar

you non-conformist trouble maker.......for [strike]officer's[/strike] Googles safety you have been BANNED!

I'm not trying to start trouble. It was an honest mistake & I deleted the sale info.

Again, just blows my mind on a gun forum that this is like it is. No worries-I won't sell anything on here again-I learned.

Last edited:

OC-moto450r

I'm not trying to start trouble. It was an honest mistake & I deleted the sale info.

Again, just blows my mind on a gun forum that this is like it is. No worries-I won't sell anything on here again-I learned.

Tell it to the judge.

hahahaha

OC-moto450r

I know right-Na, he can just read about it.

Todays Topic - Gun Rights Activist Banned form a Gun Forum :)

I don't know what to say....folks on here were so up in arms about Google shopping but then we find out that Google dictates what we can post on THIS FORUM. Astonished am I, well not really, more like WTF. I knew about rule 10 and was supprised you were selling on here (twice), but I didn't have #10 memorized. Who knew Google was that in charge!?

Rollbar

I don't know what to say....folks on here were so up in arms about Google shopping but then we find out that Google dictates what we can post on THIS FORUM. Astonished am I, well not really, more like WTF. I knew about rule 10 and was supprised you were selling on here (twice), but I didn't have #10 memorized. Who knew Google was that in charge!?

I know-Twice!

Again I did not know of Googles Rule #10-but now I know who calls the shots. Again-we just sit by and complain about all these people taking our rights away/guns stuff etc and we are on a forum governed by a sponsor that doesn't like guns. :shocker:

Just trying to figure it out, but thanks to a poster on here who guided me to knowing what to do.

Late August I think I will start a gun forum "The Gun Forum.org" - OC friendly and local-you can even be a moderator :)

Last edited:

vegaspassat

I guess I could understand if the forum owners themselves didn't want selling of firearms just because there might be legal mumbo jumbo that I'm not aware of that goes with it, or simply "because I said so" would suffice since I'm not paying to be part of the forum. But really everything is all laid out in rule number 10 "You can't sell guns because that's google's policy and we don't have nuts big enough to look for a different forum sponser". At least I'm pretty sure that's what it said, but I could be wrong. I'm too lazy to copypasta.

Status
Not open for further replies.