• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BREAKING NEWS: At Least 10 Dead, 20 Hurt in Aurora Colorado Shooting Spree

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
At least 10 people have died, and more than 39 others have been hurt at the Aurora Century 16 Theatres at Aurora Town Center here in Colorado.

As news is just starting to be reported, information is sketchy, but it is reported that a suspect is in custody.
Evidently, an individual deployed pepper spray in theatre #9 during a midnight showing of "Dark Knight" and started firing into the crowd.
Individuals in an adjacent theatre are also reported injured.

More as details become available!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
The Aurora Police held a press conference at the scene, reporting the shooter had a shotgun or rifle and a handgun, was dressed tactical with a bullet resistant vest, gas mask and dressed in black. The suspect then deployed pepper spray or tear gas canister before opening fire into the crowded theatre. The Chief of Police now reports 14 dead, more than 50 injured, and the suspect in custody has made reference to explosive devices. Police are now checking theatres and parking lots to determine whether bombs may be present. There may also be explosive devices at the suspect's residence, and that apartment building has been evacuated as the police check for bombs there as well. According to the APD chief of police. Law enforcement agencies from around the front range are pitching in the assist APD.

10 died at the scene, 4 more at local hospitals.

Many uninjured witnesses are presently being sheltered at Gateway High School while being debriefed.

More details to be posted as it becomes available

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

S.W.A.T has surrounded an apartment complex in North Aurora because the shooter indicated there may be explosive devices at his residence.
The location has not been made public, but the complex has been evacuated as police search for any devices that may exist at that location.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

DCKilla

This is a terrible situation for a lot of families today. I hope they caught or catch this bastard.

I can see how this criminal was able to murder so many. Even with your sidearm, without training with chemical agents like tear gas or pepper spray, you don't stand much of a chance.

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Victim #15 Has Died.

Howdy Folks!
It is now reported a 15th victim has died of gunshot wounds suffered in the shooting spree at the Century 16 in Aurora.

At least 4 RTD busses took witnesses to Gateway High School for debriefing as the investigation goes on.

Homeland Security has awakened the President. Do not know the precise import of that.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

PFC HALE

WHAT THE F@$&

i have no words for this aside from this

I hope the mother f'er burns for this.

RogueWarrior

Howdy Folks!
It is now reported a 15th victim has died of gunshot wounds suffered in the shooting spree at the Century 16 in Aurora.

At least 4 RTD busses took witnesses to Gateway High School for debriefing as the investigation goes on.

Homeland Security has awakened the President. Do not know the precise import of that.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

What that means is he is going to try and us it to push the UN gun control treaty saying if they treaty was in this would not have happened. But that is my two cents worth

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
Due to the gravity of this unfolding situation, I'd like to suggest we focus on the issue at hand and the victims involved rather than political opinions.
There will be plenty of time for that later, but I suspect Homeland Security may suspect this to be an act of terror. Certainly, it brought terror to the folks in that theater.

In breaking news, we now know the apartment complex in question is located at 17th and Peoria.
Denver has deployed their bomb squad to the location, and Adams County has arrived at that location as well.
Law enforcement agencies from all around the metro area are converging in Aurora, and it may be an indication that this is bigger than a lone shooter situation.

The latest word from local hospitals is that the youngest being treated is a 3 month old infant. Whether the infant is being treated for shrapnel, gunshot or respiratory issues has not been made clear at this juncture.

The President has been made aware of the situation, and so has GOP candidate Romney. There is great concern from both presidential candidates.
But again, I'd like to keep politics out of this and focus on the human beings; neighbors and friends, who may have suffered directly from this tragedy.

I hope everyone will understand, because this situation certainly defies understanding.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

HankT

State Researcher
What that means is he is going to try and us it to push the UN gun control treaty saying if they treaty was in this would not have happened. But that is my two cents worth
Could be.
I think what it means first is that the probability of an Obama proposal for a new AWB -- before the election.

If the guy used an AR/AK the event if perfect for Obama.

nkunnen

Im pretty darn sure that there is no guns allowed in that theatre. How differently would it have gone if there would have been someone OC'ing or CC' ing in that theatre. But a lot of anti gun advocates are going to feed off this shooting.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
Please keep politics out of this. Your opinion or mine is irrrelevant. It is about the victims of this insanity, not trying to score points for a particular political ideology. The situation is tragic enough without glomming it up with speculation that is better held for later. The situation is still unfolding, and is not helped by distracting attention to political affairs.

I thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

HankT

State Researcher
This is a terrible situation for a lot of families today. I hope they caught or catch this bastard.

I can see how this criminal was able to murder so many. Even with your sidearm, without training with chemical agents like tear gas or pepper spray, you don't stand much of a chance.

In another thread on this event someone reported that shooter may have used an AR-15.

And that upwards of 60 shots may have been fired.

Keens

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families during these tragic times. Glad to hear they caught the suspect.

mobiushky

Just echoing the thoughts of the people on this thread. It's a sad day, but also a very angering day. I'm angry that people like this scumbag even exist. I know it's not going to make the sicko's and nut jobs cease to exist, but it just really gets me that a person could even do this.

I know we're trying to keep politics out, but I will say this. This incident WILL be used to try to further gun control. It behooves us as gun rights "activists" if you will to be as accurate and honest as possible. We can't fall into the media trap of spreading bogus information before all the facts are known. The media will do plenty of that for us.

Having said that, I do pray for the families of the victims. What a sad moment.

Makarov

This is truly a tragic situation. Let’s pray for the victims and their families but be prepared for the political spin. I’m sure media and liberal types will label this freak who committed this crime as a “Right Wing Nut Job”, “Tea Party Member”, “NRA member” ,etc. These tactics of course will be used to justify the “UN gun ban treaty, more federal gun laws, or state laws against the 2nd Amendment. We must be calm, alert and respond appropriately as the story develops.

M-Taliesin

I know we're trying to keep politics out, but I will say this. This incident WILL be used to try to further gun control.

Howdy Mobi!
Gun activists will confront the political issues as they arise, at an appropriate time and manner. Today ain't the time, because events are still playing out, people are still suffering wounds, hospitals are still doing emergency surgery on victims, and we may see more lose their lives before the day is out.

This is about the folks who went out to enjoy a movie with their family, and the tragedy they endured instead.

I'll be among those to fight for gun rights in days to come, but today it is about the wounded and the dead.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin