• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

help writing local theater about gun policy please

scorpio_vette

Ok, so the johnson creek AMC theater on hwy 26 is posted (at least last time i was there. wife was nice enough to point it out since i didn't notice it). Well after reading the article about the batman movie theater shooting
http://www.allproudamericans.com/Batman-Movie-Massacre-14-Killed-in-Theater.html

i was wondering if somebody here could help me put together a letter (more like write one for me. I'm not really sure where to start other than to explain how/what i feel, and use the article as reference) that I could e-mail to AMC through their "contact us" on their website.
http://www.amctheatres.com/contact

(and i know it makes no sense, but on forums i don't bother much with proper capitalization and punctuation, but when i'm writing something for business, i make sure i cross my t's and dot my i's. just in case any of you were worried about that. LOL)

Thanks

Trip20

(and i know it makes no sense, but on forums i don't bother much with proper capitalization and punctuation, but when i'm writing something for business, i make sure i cross my t's and dot my i's. just in case any of you were worried about that. LOL)

That's a shame. Here, more than anywhere, you're an ambassador for the firearm/carry community.

With regard to the letter -- you start by stating you're not sure where to start, then mention the exact topics you should cover: how you feel, the issue in Colorado...etc.

My only advice would be to keep it short, to the point, factual and with out an accusatory or angry tone.

TyGuy

Maybe wait a few weeks? I get annoyed when there is a tragedy like this and the talking heads use it as an excuse to spew about gun control. They use the tragedy to push their own agenda.

bigdaddy1

Although I cant say for sure, I would be very surprised if the Colorado theater did not prohibit carry. The Colorado theater would actually be a perfect example of how posting no weapons sign is as useless as our POTUS. The criminal didn't stop once he saw the sign, had there been someone in there able to protect him/herself the body count could have been much lower.

mwaterous

I agree with TyGuy on this one; give it some time for the families of the victims to mourn. Once it becomes a statistic, use it as part of your ammunition, but don't beat anyone with it while they're down. This should be a call for defensive rights, but it's going to take a lot of tact given the subject matter.

Jay Jacobs

Although I cant say for sure, I would be very surprised if the Colorado theater did not prohibit carry.
It's my understanding there was a "no guns allowed" sign on the door
The Colorado theater would actually be a perfect example of how posting no weapons sign is as useless as our POTUS. The criminal didn't stop once he saw the sign, had there been someone in there able to protect him/herself the body count could have been much lower.
I agree on both counts, though I doubt the media will mention it.

scorpio_vette

not sure if i misunderstood or not, but i did NOT intend to write the theater that the shooting happened at. I was talking about writing to the local theaters here in watertown.

BUT............my wife wanted to go see the new batman movie, so we went, and i swear i didn't see anymore anti-gun signs on the door. so i drove past the other one in town, and couldn't see the sign from the street anymore either (entry door is on the sidewalk, so not hard to see from the car).

so either somebody else already beat me to talking to them about it, or they just came to their senses. Either way I'm happy, because now i'll feel much more comfortable taking my 3year old there.

bigdaddy1

not sure if i misunderstood or not, but i did NOT intend to write the theater that the shooting happened at. I was talking about writing to the local theaters here in watertown.

BUT............my wife wanted to go see the new batman movie, so we went, and i swear i didn't see anymore anti-gun signs on the door. so i drove past the other one in town, and couldn't see the sign from the street anymore either (entry door is on the sidewalk, so not hard to see from the car).

so either somebody else already beat me to talking to them about it, or they just came to their senses. Either way I'm happy, because now i'll feel much more comfortable taking my 3year old there.

I at least understood your intention, I was talking about using the Colorado as a pertinent example.
I hope those theaters voluntarily removed those useless signs because they saw the futility of them.:banana:

Old Grump

That theater is part of the Cinemark chain and they have always had a very strict policy against guns inside their theaters or on their property. Doesn't seem to have helped much. My guess is they will be even stricter about the no gun policy and it will stay that way till a couple more copy cats happen and people stop coming to the theater. Th9is should be poi8nted out politely. It won't help in the short run but if they start losing money they will start remembering the letters from people who have decided to not use their services any longer.

davidmcbeth

Banned
here's a letter idea for ya:

I am a frequent customer of your establishment. But I will not abide by your desire to disarm me and leave me defenseless. You have no security at your establishment and I doubt a criminal will abide by your "no firearms" policy.

And I will still continue to be a patron of your establishment; I hope you understand the need for me to continue to exercise my 2nd amendment rights.

See you soon!

AaronS

I am a frequent customer of your establishment. But I will not abide by your desire to disarm me and leave me defenseless. You have no security at your establishment and I doubt a criminal will abide by your "no firearms" policy.

And I will still continue to be a patron of your establishment; I hope you understand the need for me to continue to exercise my 2nd amendment rights.

See you soon!

Advocating that we start breaking the (Wisconsin)law is, with out any question, the wrong thing to do, and it is dumb.

Maine Expat

Every time some one points at the Theater shooting I'm pointing at the Florida (internet cafe) case to tell them you NEED Armed LACs who will stop morons who don't care about the law or their misguided policies.

protias

See you soon!

That'll learn them! I mean, you are still giving them money...Oh, and breaking the law...