Thread: Colorado theater shooting, get ready for the storm.

Colorado theater shooting, get ready for the storm.

My thoughts go out to those affected by the shooting in Colorado but us as gun owners should get ready for the onslaught. Election year and the U.N. treaty being current expect the anti's to kick into high gear. I expect Hi-cap mag prices will skyrocket in anticipation of another "Brady Bill" type ban being pushed. Killing 12 and wounding 38 with what is reported as an AR-15 means he probably executed 3 reloads unless he had a drum. They will go after the 10+ round mags as only having one purpose, allowing crazies to do more damage.

BTW, it is not against Colo. law to carry in a theater but Cinemark is posted as a gun free zone. The media wont point out that this kept law abiding citizens from defending themselves or kept the crazy from committing this horrid act but they will spin it into more places need to ban firearms.
    Last edited by NC-Heel; 07-20-2012 at 12:38 PM.

These law enforcement sources that the media use are either not very knowledgeable or misquoted. I know most reports say an AK-47 type weapon was used but I still believe it was an AR15. More sheeple know what an AK-47 is. Read this quote and notice what caliber is specified.

A federal law enforcement source tells CNN's Susan Candiotti that the suspect had the following weapons: [1] A 12-gauge shotgun with a legal capacity of up to three shells. Shotguns like this can be modified to increase their capacity, the source said. [2] An "AK-47 style" assault rifle normally equipped with a magazine capable of firing up to 30 rounds of .223-caliber ammunition. It's not known whether it was an automatic or semi-automatic model. [3] Two handguns.

What type of rifle does that describe?

For anyone wondering this theater is 13 miles from Columbine H.S.
    Last edited by NC-Heel; 07-20-2012 at 12:55 PM.

[QUOTE=NC-Heel;1791303]My thoughts go out to those affected by the shooting in Colorado but us as gun owners should get ready for the onslaught. Election year and the U.N. treaty being current expect the anti's to kick into high gear. I expect Hi-cap mag prices will skyrocket in anticipation of another "Brady Bill" type ban being pushed. Killing 12 and wounding 38 with what is reported as an AR-15 means he probably executed 3 reloads unless he had a drum. They will go after the 10+ round mags as only having one purpose, allowing crazies to do more damage.

BTW, it is not against Colo. law to carry in a theater but Cinemark is posted as a gun free zone. The media wont point out that this kept law abiding citizens from defending themselves or kept the crazy from committing this horrid act but they will spin it into more places need to ban firearms.[/QUOTE

You are correct. My hearte goes out to families of the fallen but your correct. I think that its going to be much more than just high capacity mags thats going to be effected, but all of our gun rights will. I believe we are on the verge of loosing all of them.

[QUOTE=Glock19fan;1791622]
    Quote Originally Posted by NC-Heel View Post
    My thoughts go out to those affected by the shooting in Colorado but us as gun owners should get ready for the onslaught. Election year and the U.N. treaty being current expect the anti's to kick into high gear. I expect Hi-cap mag prices will skyrocket in anticipation of another "Brady Bill" type ban being pushed. Killing 12 and wounding 38 with what is reported as an AR-15 means he probably executed 3 reloads unless he had a drum. They will go after the 10+ round mags as only having one purpose, allowing crazies to do more damage.

BTW, it is not against Colo. law to carry in a theater but Cinemark is posted as a gun free zone. The media wont point out that this kept law abiding citizens from defending themselves or kept the crazy from committing this horrid act but they will spin it into more places need to ban firearms.[/QUOTE

You are correct. My hearte goes out to families of the fallen but your correct. I think that its going to be much more than just high capacity mags thats going to be effected, but all of our gun rights will. I believe we are on the verge of loosing all of them.
    Let's worry about the "onslaught" when it actually happens. For now let's respect the victims, their families, and the community where this tragedy happened. Let's also give the investigators time to do their job, and take the media with a grain of salt.

[QUOTE=WalkingWolf;1791627]
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock19fan View Post

Let's worry about the "onslaught" when it actually happens. For now let's respect the victims, their families, and the community where this tragedy happened. Let's also give the investigators time to do their job, and take the media with a grain of salt.
    If you wait till it happens you will be too late. Did you happen to go to your LGS today? Charlotte had a huge gun show start Saturday Morning. Crazy prices were being asked. $150 for Mosin Nagants that were $79-89 6 months ago. $40 for demo inert smoke grenades ( I need one for classes and demonstrations). Sardine cans of 7.62 that were $80 a couple months ago are now $95.

I got word that with this show in town LGS's were still seeing a huge increase in business with people actually applying to purchase pistols rather than the usual "tire kicking".

With the protectionist country we live I can not see one of the Presidential candidates using some kind of increased gun control in their campaign. It may be a "Brady Bill" type legislation or something far more severe.