Thread: Face book / Colorado shooting discussion

Face book / Colorado shooting discussion

I know the difference between OC and CC. I would have to look up the information, but OC carries rules and regulations and can vary by jurisdiction. It does NOT mean that anyone can carry a loaded firearm wherever they want as long as it's visible. If that were the case, there'd be a lot more of us with holsters on our hips, old west style.

This is what a friend of my wife responded about Open carry in Colorado .. she says it is regulated and licensed .. I dont live in Co. so I dont know

OC is unregulated and unlicensed in Colorado except one area, which I believe is Denver. But I'm not a lawyer, I'm not an expert and I'm not even from Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by Yiteurp View Post
    I know the difference between OC and CC. I would have to look up the information, but OC carries rules and regulations and can vary by jurisdiction. It does NOT mean that anyone can carry a loaded firearm wherever they want as long as it's visible. If that were the case, there'd be a lot more of us with holsters on our hips, old west style.

This is what a friend of my wife responded about Open carry in Colorado .. she says it is regulated and licensed .. I dont live in Co. so I dont know
    Well sir Colorado respects our rights and thus we have a state wide set of laws allowing open carry in everywhere not prohibited by federal law or private property owners. Denver is our only city that does not respect our constitution and its in the works to try to get that changed. Basicly Colorado premption made it so there is not 17 sets of rules and regulations by jurisdiction, one set of laws to follow. but YES this theater and the owning company is Anti gun and any weapons on there property is prohibited and is posted on all entrances and exits as a requirement of Colorado law.
    Semper-Fi
    ~Wolf~

"Sons of the Republic, arise and take a stand!
    Defend the Constitution, the Supreme Law of the Land!
    Preserve our great republic and each God-given right,
    And pray to God to keep the torch of freedom burning bright!"
    -Thelen Paulk

Quote Originally Posted by LoneEchoWolf View Post
    Well sir Colorado respects our rights and thus we have a state wide set of laws allowing open carry in everywhere not prohibited by federal law or private property owners. Denver is our only city that does not respect our constitution and its in the works to try to get that changed. Basicly Colorado premption made it so there is not 17 sets of rules and regulations by jurisdiction, one set of laws to follow. but YES this theater and the owning company is Anti gun and any weapons on there property is prohibited and is posted on all entrances and exits as a requirement of Colorado law.
    Good thing the theater posted no weapons, otherwise some whacked out gunman could get in and shoot people. I certainly hope this will be more of a wake up call that gun control does not, will not and can not work.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Here's the letter I wrote to Cinemark. I encourage you to share your feelings with them as well. Here's their contact page: https://www.cinemark.com/contact-us.aspx

"To Whom it May Concern:

The horrendous shooting which occurred at the Aurora Co Century 16 has left me shocked and furious.

Your "no weapons" policy is disgusting. I know of multiple individuals who legally carry firearms for self-defense in Aurora, but who long since decided not to frequent your theaters due to this policy.

Last night, they chose other theaters in which to view "The Dark Knight Rises". It is possible that those legally armed citizens could have put a swift end to the tragedy that took place at Century 16. However, your inexcusable policy forced them to take their business elsewhere, thus leaving your customers defenseless.

I am appalled by Cinemark. If anything good can be learning from this awful event, I hope it is that "disarming good guys won't stop bad guys".

I hope that this gruesome incident will prompt a removal of the obviously ineffective "no weapons" policy.

I am truly sickened by Cinemark, and hope that the victims of this tragedy seek full legal action against you for creating such an unsafe environment.

Thank you for your time; my prayers go out for your company.

Sincerely, a legally armed citizen."
    I would have a 200x15 userbar here, but images are sadly not allowed in signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post
    Here's the letter I wrote to Cinemark. I encourage you to share your feelings with them as well. Here's their contact page: https://www.cinemark.com/contact-us.aspx

"To Whom it May Concern:

The horrendous shooting which occurred at the Aurora Co Century 16 has left me shocked and furious.

Your "no weapons" policy is disgusting. I know of multiple individuals who legally carry firearms for self-defense in Aurora, but who long since decided not to frequent your theaters due to this policy.

Last night, they chose other theaters in which to view "The Dark Knight Rises". It is possible that those legally armed citizens could have put a swift end to the tragedy that took place at Century 16. However, your inexcusable policy forced them to take their business elsewhere, thus leaving your customers defenseless.

I am appalled by Cinemark. If anything good can be learning from this awful event, I hope it is that "disarming good guys won't stop bad guys".

I hope that this gruesome incident will prompt a removal of the obviously ineffective "no weapons" policy.

I am truly sickened by Cinemark, and hope that the victims of this tragedy seek full legal action against you for creating such an unsafe environment.

Thank you for your time; my prayers go out for your company.

Sincerely, a legally armed citizen."
    BF, you might've considered having someone edit your draft. It's pretty rant-y. Logic is weak in spots, too. Someone could have tightened it up for you.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    Good thing the theater posted no weapons, otherwise some whacked out gunman could get in and shoot people. I certainly hope this will be more of a wake up call that gun control does not, will not and can not work.
    Agreed with all my heart, That psyco sure saw that sign turned right around and went home.
    Semper-Fi
    ~Wolf~

"Sons of the Republic, arise and take a stand!
    Defend the Constitution, the Supreme Law of the Land!
    Preserve our great republic and each God-given right,
    And pray to God to keep the torch of freedom burning bright!"
    -Thelen Paulk

Quote Originally Posted by HankT View Post
    BF, you might've considered having someone edit your draft. It's pretty rant-y. Logic is weak in spots, too. Someone could have tightened it up for you.
    I'm afraid I must agree. The weight of the tragedy was quite heavy on my heart at the time I wrote it, and I wasn't thinking 100% clearly.
    I would have a 200x15 userbar here, but images are sadly not allowed in signatures.

I don't think the letter should have been sent at all, actually. It's accusatory and aggressive. It wishes harm on the company in the form of lawsuits, it does nothing to further the goal of changing the companies policy, it even hurts it.

There's also the argument that, if they are sued, and they change their policies before the lawsuit is finished, the plaintiffs could use that change of policy as an admittance of guilt. "Even AMC knows that their policy has cost people their lives, they have demonstrated this by changing their policy blah blah."

Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post
    The weight of the tragedy was quite heavy on my heart at the time I wrote it, and I wasn't thinking 100% clearly.
    I can understand that. It was a brutal and traumatizing murder spree. I think all of us were hurting over it.