• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What are the rules for open carry in Colorado

Yiteurp

are there any regulations or licinsing issues for colorado residents for open carry .. I think my friend is confused between OC and CC

Bellum_Intus

no licensing or permits required for OC.

OC NOT allowed in Denver County.. other than that, it's the typical off limits carry places..

--Rob

JeremyDBeinert

Just moved to Colorado.

no licensing or permits required for OC.

OC NOT allowed in Denver County.. other than that, it's the typical off limits carry places..

--Rob
I just moved here Va and had my CCW there but don't have the 150$ to spend and get i here due to two small children i have and will try open carry today heading to Lone tree mall with my wife and kids for her new Iphone i have always had ccw so what should i expect?

LoneEchoWolf

You should hopefully expect to have a great time as long as the mall does not prohibit weapons, some malls in Colorado do but it should be very visible if they do right on the front door. some people may or may not look at you strange or ask you some questions about it. just answer to the best of your ability but normally its a non event here in Colorado to Open carry.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Friend,
First, welcome to a truly OC friendly state (with the exception of the people's republic of Denver city/county).

Any private property open to the public; i.e. stores, malls, etc) must have clearly displayed signs to that affect at all entrances to their business.
Aside from that, you should have absolutely no problem OC'ing anywhere in Colorado.
Without a valid CCW recognized by Colorado, you don't want to be within 1,000 feet of a school when on foot or such, but that's pretty universal throughout the states.

My advice would be to relax, go about your normal law abiding business and don't concern yourself much about OC'ing. Odds are that few will even notice. Of those that do, many will simply assume you are a cop or otherwise authorized to openly carry a firearm. In fact, you are otherwise authorized as stipulated in our Colorado Constitution; Article 2, sections 3 and 13. Very strong language to support your right to carry without a permit.

Anyhow, As they say in the Nike commercials... Just do it!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin