Thread: Who Will Stand Up For Gun Control?

Who Will Stand Up For Gun Control?

Who will stand up for gun control?
    By Rose Gordon Sala - Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:43 PM EDT.

Dan Gross, president at the Brady Campaign, said he doubted this incident would be enough to spark substantial reform.

“I don’t think there’s going to be any one moment that’s going to change the national dialogue. I think the national dialogue is going to change when the American people get involved and demand change,” he said during an appearance on MSNBC’s NOW with Alex Wagner Friday. “Otherwise it’s just going to be business as usual. The gun lobby is going to wield far too much power over our politicians.”

http://leanforward.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...n-control?lite

I am relieved after reading this article. I'm kind of surprised at the extent to which Brady is laying down and just accepting the reality thahing is going to change--even with a tailor-made assault rifle massacre in hand due to what happened this morning in Aurora CO. I thought for sure that Brady would be touting Aurora as the final justification for a new AWB.

I shouldn't have worried. The NRA (and GOA, and SAF, etc.) have pretty much whipped the Brady Campaign, I guess.

HankT

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Please note, there were no assault rifles used in the tragedy in Colorado early this morning.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HankT View Post
    I am relieved after reading this article.... I thought for sure that Brady would be touting Aurora as the final justification for a new AWB.
    I was getting the impression from this post you might be pro AWB....

And if that prayer doesn't work, then try another Higher Power:

Oh holy NRA,

Please save us from those who would use the legislative process to achieve ANY restrictions on ANYTHING we want to do with our firearms. Protect us from the ideas we don't like and absolve us from ALL responsibility for ANYTHING icky that happens with our firearms.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Unfortunately I don't see this as the Brady bunch "giving up" this is the same tactic used by the Obama administration to make people scared of Romney raising more money for his campaign. The Brady bunch is simply trying to scare people into thinking that the pro-gun lobby is too powerful. It's the old "we're the underdog root for us trick"

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    Please note, there were no assault rifles used in the tragedy in Colorado early this morning.
    Yeah, I generally agree. But that point is very very moot. It's almost not worth making.

They defined "assault weapon" they way they did in the 1994 bill. That's what counted.

I'm guessing, but it's likely that Holmes used an AR this morning that would have been banned by the AWB of 1994.

Yeah, I generally agree. But that point is very very moot. It's almost not worth making.

They defined "assault weapon" they way they did in the 1994 bill. That's what counted.
    wholeheartedly disagree - if we concede to them the ability to control the language and redefine items such as these to suit their own agenda, we've already lost the battle.

concede N O T H I N G to the bastards

I'm all for gun control.

I control my gun and there's no problem.

Now if you want to tackle a real killer outlaw cars.
    “Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.” ― Plato

Plato knew this yet today's antis still don't get it!

Join the fight for freedom
    Oathkeepers

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMtnScotsman View Post
    ...if we concede to them the ability to control the language and redefine items such as these to suit their own agenda, we've already lost the battle.
    Saw a great poster the other day, it said:

They'll never ban hunting rifles...
    ...they'll call them sniper rifles first.

There is a lot of power in language.

O2
    When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
    They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
    Zero failures comes at infinite cost.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maine Expat View Post

Now if you want to tackle a real killer outlaw cars.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5N3fKVz-Z4

Outlaw killer cars and only killer cars will be left ... enjoy the scene from the movie ! Awesome movie.