Thread: Neg Book Warehouse at Carolina Premium Outlets

Neg Book Warehouse at Carolina Premium Outlets

For the first time in three months, I got asked to leave out of the Book Warehouse at the mall once she realize I was carrying a firearm. She came to greet me the first time and didn't notice it until I came to the front desk to ask a question and asked if that was a firearm and I stated it was. She looked at me and asked for me to leave stating no weapons are allowed at the mall. I don't see signs anywhere and no info on the website. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by madcitysw View Post
    For the first time in three months, I got asked to leave out of the Book Warehouse at the mall once she realize I was carrying a firearm. She came to greet me the first time and didn't notice it until I came to the front desk to ask a question and asked if that was a firearm and I stated it was. She looked at me and asked for me to leave stating no weapons are allowed at the mall. I don't see signs anywhere and no info on the website. Anyone know?
    I would go back and ask to speak with a manager.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Don't have a dog in this hunt, but is it possible she was telling you that the mall is a "defense-free victim zone" and not the store you were in? Most all of the malls in my area are weaponless zones.

I'd go back and talk to her, sans weapon, and get a clarification of what she was telling you. If it's the mall's policy, good luck on getting them to change.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Don't have a dog in this hunt, but is it possible she was telling you that the mall is a "defense-free victim zone" and not the store you were in? Most all of the malls in my area are weaponless zones.

I'd go back and talk to her, sans weapon, and get a clarification of what she was telling you. If it's the mall's policy, good luck on getting them to change.

Most malls I have been to in NC are weaponless zones.

Malls posting

Carolina premium outlets is set up as a STRIP MALL

you exit a store, you are in the parking lot

I have been to the outlet mall in Selma on numerous occasions OC. Nobody has said anything to me. That is not to say that it will never happen, but I would definitely have to discuss policy with someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearfoot View Post
    I have been to the outlet mall in Selma on numerous occasions OC. Nobody has said anything to me. That is not to say that it will never happen, but I would definitely have to discuss policy with someone.
    Bearfoot, that's the outlet I went since I live in Selma. I never had any problems before until I went in the Book Warehouse dept and she is the owner of that book store, so I couldn't really fight it. Well I don't see signs anywhere on the property or at any doors at all of the depts. So I just going to continue unless the local securities starts some crap.

Carolina outlet mall

I will go to the book store monday and discuss the matter with the owner/manager.
    Let you know the outcome.
    lannie
    GRNC Member and volunteer, NRA member and volunteer. Open Carry Advocate
    Triangle Open Carry Co-Organizer: Co-Chairman Johnston county Friends of the NRA.

Book Warehouse

I stopped by the book store and talk to the manager. She said the Book Wharehouse was part of a chain, and it was corporate policy not to allow open carry.
    I ask mall security about their policy. They said the Carolina Premium Mall was also a chain,and had a policy of no firearms allowed.
    I commented on the fact I could not fine any signs around the mall,the manager Linda Crowder said they have a sign posted in the Security area.
    I told her I would list her mall and store on FRIENDORFOE.US.as not gun friendly.

If you which to voice your opinion,call Linda Crowder at 919-989-2168

Lannie Godwin
    Triangle Open Carry Co-Organizer: Co-Chairman Johnston county Friends of the NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by lannie View Post
    I stopped by the book store and talk to the manager. She said the Book Wharehouse was part of a chain, and it was corporate policy not to allow open carry.
    I ask mall security about their policy. They said the Carolina Premium Mall was also a chain,and had a policy of no firearms allowed.
    I commented on the fact I could not fine any signs around the mall,the manager Linda Crowder said they have a sign posted in the Security area. I told her I would list her mall and store on FRIENDORFOE.US.as not gun friendly.

If you which to voice your opinion,call Linda Crowder at 919-989-2168

Lannie Godwin
    I am very new to open carrying, but it was my understanding that it has to be visably posted at all entrance/exits of an establishment that you are not allowed to carry. How does this hold up (posted in a security area)??

I must agree with repo4, if it's not posted, we not breaking any laws until ask to leave. There's no signs or anything. Half of the time, they don't even know what the policy is.

[QUOTE=madcitysw;1794527]I must agree with repo4, if it's not posted, we not breaking any laws until ask to leave. There's no signs or anything. Half of the time, they don't even know what the policy is.[/QUO

Per Linda Crowder, there is no plan to put up any more signs.
    Open carry and if they stop you ,tell them you saw no signs,all they can do is ask you to leave.
    We have a open carry meetup at McCall's BBQ and Seafood this Saturday at 12:00 pm (noon) July 28th
    go to www.meetup.com/triangle-open-carry to register to see other local TOC meetups.
    Lannie Godwin

[QUOTE=lannie;1794902]
    Quote Originally Posted by madcitysw View Post
    I must agree with repo4, if it's not posted, we not breaking any laws until ask to leave. There's no signs or anything. Half of the time, they don't even know what the policy is.[/QUO

Per Linda Crowder, there is no plan to put up any more signs.
    Open carry and if they stop you ,tell them you saw no signs,all they can do is ask you to leave.
    We have a open carry meetup at McCall's BBQ and Seafood this Saturday at 12:00 pm (noon) July 28th
    go to www.meetup.com/triangle-open-carry to register to see other local TOC meetups.
    Lannie Godwin
    Already a member with that group, I could see if I can make it for the first time in months lol.