• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Denver Post poll

Tess

Founder's Club Member
lower right part of page at www.denverpost.com

Should more be done to prevent mass shootings like the one at an Aurora movie theater early Friday morning?
Total Votes = 3051
Yes. Tougher gun laws must be enacted and stricter security measures must be in place in public places such as theaters.
polls_results.gif
1078 Votes, or 35.33 %
No. Nothing is going to stop someone who is bent on causing this sort of evil.
polls_results.gif
1675 Votes, or 54.90 %
Not sure. We don't know enough about this shooting yet.
polls_results.gif
298 Votes, or 9.767 %

Sure enough - some people think a TSA-like entity is needed.

Last edited:

Aknazer

When I first looked at your graph I thought that all three options were tied cuz the bars are all the same length. I'm glad to see that the "No" is over 50% of the choice, and beats the "Yes" by 20%. While it would be nice if more people realized that it won't stop criminals, it is still nice to see more people saying "No" than yes. And the "unsure" people could also be potential "No" votes, meaning that the margin could be as high as 30%.

Jack House

Interestingly the poll choices skew the results towards no.

Edit: Also the poll's question should cause people to lean more towards yes, the wording of the answers will cause people to lean more towards no.

The poll is loaded.

Last edited:

HankT

State Researcher
Interestingly the poll choices skew the results towards no.

Edit: Also the poll's question should cause people to lean more towards yes, the wording of the answers will cause people to lean more towards no.

The poll is loaded.
It is a poorly written poll.
The yes option is a "double-barreled item" since to choose it you have to satisfy two conditions. This is due to the "and" in the item. So if the respondent likes the idea of more site security but doesn't want more stringent gun laws, he/she cannot really chose yes.

This will likely move people to no or unsure.

It's nonsense and is subject to unfixable bias anway. No validity. No reliability. Waste of time.