Thread: Commodore Theater in Portsmouth

Commodore Theater in Portsmouth

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_n...-post-shooting

Video in the link, the owner of the theater open carrys. I wonder what their policy is towards patrons?

""I think everyone needs to be vigilant whether it's terrorists or non-terrorists," Fred Schoenfeld said.

Schoenfeld said he openly carries a weapon as a deterrent.

"Both of my grown children were from Virginia Tech for the shooting there and so we have tragic events that do happen and we just have to live through them and learn from them," Schoenfeld said.

Parent Gerald Gendron appreciates Schoenfeld's decision.
    "It's kind of nice that the property owners and business owners are looking to protect both themselves as well as the patrons that come visit," Gendron said."

Quote Originally Posted by mpg9999 View Post
    http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_n...-post-shooting

Video in the link, the owner of the theater open carrys. I wonder what their policy is towards patrons?

""I think everyone needs to be vigilant whether it's terrorists or non-terrorists," Fred Schoenfeld said.

Schoenfeld said he openly carries a weapon as a deterrent.

"Both of my grown children were from Virginia Tech for the shooting there and so we have tragic events that do happen and we just have to live through them and learn from them," Schoenfeld said.

Parent Gerald Gendron appreciates Schoenfeld's decision.
    "It's kind of nice that the property owners and business owners are looking to protect both themselves as well as the patrons that come visit," Gendron said."
    Nice!

You know, after today, I wanted to go see this movie but I knew it wasn't a good idea. I think I may have found a location!
    .45 ACP - Because shooting twice is silly

A cop pulled me over and said, "Papers..." So I said "Scissors, I win!" and drove away.

Hero.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

I sent Commodore Theater an email to ask about their firearms policy. Here is their response:

"Michael,

It has always been my policy to allow anyone who has the legal right to carry a firearm (whether concealed or open) to attend the Commodore Theatre. As you mentioned, the bad guys (by definition) pay no attention to signs or laws and you are so right that only law abiding folks follow the rules! You are most welcome!!!

Fred"

Maybe I'll go see Batman tomorrow!

I sent Commodore Theater an email to ask about their firearms policy. Here is their response:

"Michael,

It has always been my policy to allow anyone who has the legal right to carry a firearm (whether concealed or open) to attend the Commodore Theatre. As you mentioned, the bad guys (by definition) pay no attention to signs or laws and you are so right that only law abiding folks follow the rules! You are most welcome!!!

Fred"

Maybe I'll go see Batman tomorrow!
    How does everybody feel about going to see a movie?!?! As far as I have seen this is the only theater that allows LAC to carry, and I believe they deserve our support.
    .45 ACP - Because shooting twice is silly

A cop pulled me over and said, "Papers..." So I said "Scissors, I win!" and drove away.

"Michael,

Fred"
    Wow. That's impressive!

Their website: http://www.commodoretheatre.com/index.php
    Last edited by DrMark; 07-22-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMark View Post
    Wow. That's impressive!

Their website: http://www.commodoretheatre.com/index.php
    A guy with common sense ...

I called the Commodore this evening and asked for Fred Schoenfeld. The person on the line replied 'This is he'. I asked him if he allowed the lawful carrying of firearms at his facility. He replied 'Yes we do. In fact, we encourage it'. I told him that's great and thanked him. Went and saw the Batman movie while open carrying. No issues and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I highly recommend this theater.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln7 View Post
    I called the Commodore this evening and asked for Fred Schoenfeld. The person on the line replied 'This is he'. I asked him if he allowed the lawful carrying of firearms at his facility. He replied 'Yes we do. In fact, we encourage it'. I told him that's great and thanked him. Went and saw the Batman movie while open carrying. No issues and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I highly recommend this theater.
    I'm taking the Grand Kids there but last night I went to a theater that had already thrown me out once...but they didn't this time.
    Just testing the waters.

just by default, i haven't been to the commodore theatre since the movie "Inception" was out.
    neat place.

Wish it was closer!!!

Wow he even decided not to do a midnight showing of batman for safety reasons. Turns out that its a good idea. It says his first showing was arouns 1pm and people were starting a line at 7am! I wish this place was closer

After reading about the rediculous arrest in Denver over a gentleman legally open carrying, I wanted to get this thread to the top to support this gentleman's theater.

It will be over an hour drive for me, but it is worth it.