• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hooters, Hooters, Hooters

MagiK_SacK

Since it isn't anti and allows OC, I'd be inclined to honor the owners wishes and not have a large group. If you were to trickle in it would be obvious what you were doing and maybe push the owner to say no guns...or worse, CHPs only. Either would get them a spot on he Unfriendly to Gunowners list.

I had thought about that. Seeing as how I do like their wings, I would hate for that to happen.

With the understanding that we are the newbies on the forum here, our opinion is that we would rather go into an establishment that is fully supportive of OC'ing rather than going to a place we have to alter our otherwise normal process. We are after all the customers and the ones who will be spending money at the place we choose to dine at/in, why should we give up any portion of exercising our OC rights, IMO I would not and would find a suitable alternative to dine at and politely inform the manager to forward a copy of the total amount of our collective bills to the , owner and show the owner what they miss out out on. In the end its the restaurants choice to make just as it the patrons to choose where their money will be spent. I know I don't need a specific restaurant to stay open, but they do need paying customers to stay open. Great on them if they have. the revenues to alienate a growing percentage of the population and still stay open. There are other places where my money is valued without stipulations attached.
Just our opinions

I think this is a suitable alternative, and a fantastic idea. I have a pregnant wife to please so let me see where she might like to go, and I'll post a time and place.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
What about the one by Bass Pro in newport news? Step one: Browse Bass Pro, Step Two: Eat food.

Does your Bass Pro have a seafood restaurant attached? We here in Richmond have had a few dinners at the one at the local Bass Pro. The only problem we ran into was with the by-product of the fried gator tails and confined spaces (elevator to the 2nd floor).

stay safe.

GreatDaneMan

Does your Bass Pro have a seafood restaurant attached? We here in Richmond have had a few dinners at the one at the local Bass Pro. The only problem we ran into was with the by-product of the fried gator tails and confined spaces (elevator to the 2nd floor).

stay safe.

THOSE ARE AWESOME. I *LOVE* that restaurant. Everytime im within about 30 miles I make it a point to grab some food.

Ours is unfortunately just a bass pro. Too many other eatery's in the same shopping complex, theres a coffee/cafe, hooters, nascar bar & grill, saddle ridge, Cheyenne supper club. Lots of the strip malls and shopping centers around here have horrible lease rules.

My friend opened up his dream Deli in VB but because theres a Trader Joes, Office Depot, Night Club & Restaurant, he is not allowed to wait tables due to increased car park times, has the pickup counter only(Office depot rule), he cant have live music/events (night club rule), he barely got away with selling meats & cheeses due to Trader Joes. Its awful. He is open carry friendly but have not been able to plan a dinner because hes only open till 3. Ill plan a lunch probably in a month. Work sched sucks.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

stay safe.

I think he's talking about Hampton, Skid.....and it has a Joe's Crab Shack next door which is OC Friendly and the staff is.....interesting:uhoh:

[video=vimeo;14325627]https://vimeo.com/14325627[/video]

Last edited:

Tanner

I think he's talking about Hampton, Skid.....and it has a Joe's Crab Shack next door which is OC Friendly and the staff is.....interesting:uhoh:

[video=vimeo;14325627]https://vimeo.com/14325627[/video]

They are usually forced to do this and seeing the amount joy they showed in doing this little jig I would say they hate doing it. Besides no one has seriously danced to the beegees since you were a kid!:monkey

45acpForMe

The last time I went to Joe's Crab Shack I ordered a crabcake sandwich. When I got it, it looked (and tasted) like a seagull had sh!t on a hamburger bun and I haven't been back since.

If there is an OC dinner there I would stick to something like crab legs! There are a couple seafood places that are better (Harpoon Larry's, The Surfrider) but don't lend themselves to an OC dinner due to size or mandatory 18% tip for large parties. Also you need a GPS to find the Surfrider in Hampton which is easier to get to by boat than car. :-(

Last edited:

ocholsteroc

The last time I went to Joe's Crab Shack I ordered a crabcake sandwich. When I got it, it looked (and tasted) like a seagull had sh!t on a hamburger bun and I haven't been back since.

If there is an OC dinner there I would stick to something like crab legs! There are a couple seafood places that are better (Harpoon Larry's, The Surfrider) but don't lend themselves to an OC dinner due to size or mandatory 18% tip for large parties. Also you need a GPS to find the Surfrider in Hampton which is easier to get to by boat than car. :-(

Wow, I havn't been to a Joe's Crab Shack, since like I was 8 LOL!