• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local theater ccw policies

xenophon

How are the movie theater polices on CCW in WI? Especially around the Milwaukee area? Some posted, none posted, a lot posted? Haven't been in a while, at least, since the new ccw law took effect.

Horseman

I have been to two theaters in Stevens Point, neither one posted. (And yes, there is a correlation.)

American Pride!

I carry to some places concealed that post no weapons. Not federal buildings or court houses of coarse. If I did have to use my gun in one of these places like the tragedy in CO, I'm sure a jury would kick all charges. Besides, most places that have that posted it isn't a law...but more a company rule. Can't go to jail for breaking a rule, so I wouldn't get to attend said venue again. So what? These days the media would tear the place a new one anyway.

smithman

Each of us needs to decide for ourselves if our safety is worth getting a ticket for carrying concealed in a posted gun free zone. Is your safety worth a couple hundred bucks in a ticket IF you are ever caught concealing in a posted store? If you are concealing correctly, nobody will ever know unless you have to use your gun.

oak1971

Each of us needs to decide for ourselves if our safety is worth getting a ticket for carrying concealed in a posted gun free zone. Is your safety worth a couple hundred bucks in a ticket IF you are ever caught concealing in a posted store? If you are concealing correctly, nobody will ever know unless you have to use your gun.

That is your opinion, but posting it here is ill advised. We are not alone.

AaronS

That is your opinion, but posting it here is ill advised. We are not alone.

Advocating that we should break the law is also grounds to have the "Ban Hammer" come down. This forum does have a few rules...

paul@paul-fisher.com

I carry to some places concealed that post no weapons. Not federal buildings or court houses of coarse. If I did have to use my gun in one of these places like the tragedy in CO, I'm sure a jury would kick all charges. Besides, most places that have that posted it isn't a law...but more a company rule. Can't go to jail for breaking a rule, so I wouldn't get to attend said venue again. So what? These days the media would tear the place a new one anyway.

It is a law 943.13 to be exact. $1000 fine. Not sure why you want to give people who don't support our rights your money.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

American Pride!

It's a law in certain places. And laws vary state to state. Here a business can post no weapons, but it's company policy. It's law for bars, official buildings, etc...not the movie theater

paul@paul-fisher.com

It's a law in certain places. And laws vary state to state. Here a business can post no weapons, but it's company policy. It's law for bars, official buildings, etc...not the movie theater

Huh?

Please provide a citation for this.

Here, let me help:

941.235 - Carrying in a non-federal public building. Doing it without a CCL is a crime (misdemeanor). Doing it with a CCL and it being posted is a violation of a LAW 943.13.

941.237 - Carrying in a class b establishment (aka 'bar'). Doing it without a CCL and without jumping some other hoops is a crime (misdemeanor). Doing it with a CCL and it being posted is a violation of a LAW 941.13 (up to $1000 fine), no crime unless you don't leave when told, when it becomes criminal trespass.

So.... anyplace else that you carry where it is posted is a violation of a LAW 941.13 and without any warning (other than the sign) you can receive a ticket for up to $1000 for simply disobeying the sign. If, after the cops show up, tell you to leave and offer you a ticket, you decide not to comply, it becomes criminal trespass and they can arrest you. Since you have a firearm, you could also be charged with a weapon enhancer.

So... pretty much posting on ANY building and disobeying it can cost you $1000. Doing it in certain buildings can cost you your freedom.

American Pride!

Relax cheese head...it was in the popular/new topics area of the forum. I could care less what state it's under. It was a general discussion

paul@paul-fisher.com

Relax cheese head...it was in the popular/new topics area of the forum. I could care less what state it's under. It was a general discussion

If it was a general discussion, it would be under the 'general discussion forum. It wasn't, it was in Wisconsin.

Especially when the OP said

How are the movie theater polices on CCW in WI

Last edited:

Trip20

I wait for Blue Ray or an online retailer... I don't do movie theaters...

They're overpriced and I don't like being trapped in a big dark room with a bunch of unpredictable people. Going to the movies falls under both the "to stupid places" and "with stupid people" categories for me.

The life of a cynical b@st@rd as it were...