• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WBC to protest Auroa Victim's Memorial Tomorrow

LoneEchoWolf

I heard this earlier too and its enough to make me post as much as i don't want to at this time. when i read that it made me sick, literally sick. what is wrong with some people in this world. i cannot believe this, would they like it if people protested there lovely mothers funeral saying such things about her or there daughter or son? i highly doubt it, but then again they would probably believe that theres no way there great family member could be anything but just below greatness. I shouldn't let these people get to me just as we as a group shouldn't either but seriously Ive dealt enough with these guys for one of my Marine team members funeral too there sick and spreading there sickness as if it was "Gods word." I hope I'm in Aurora in time to help keep these sickos from getting to the mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, and friends effected by this.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
http://www.examiner.com/article/the...o-picket-the-aurora-shooting-memorial-service

There will be counter protesters there as well, to form a human wall to keep the WBC bigots out. If I lived in that area, I'd join the counter guys, if only to observe. Unfortunately, 10,000 miles might be a bit far to drive. :lol:

We're actually not that far away, but the notice is too short. I really want to go with a sack full of my daughter's $#!tty diapers. Those people worse than suck.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I heard this earlier too and its enough to make me post as much as i don't want to at this time. when i read that it made me sick, literally sick. what is wrong with some people in this world. i cannot believe this, would they like it if people protested there lovely mothers funeral saying such things about her or there daughter or son? i highly doubt it, but then again they would probably believe that theres no way there great family member could be anything but just below greatness. I shouldn't let these people get to me just as we as a group shouldn't either but seriously Ive dealt enough with these guys for one of my Marine team members funeral too there sick and spreading there sickness as if it was "Gods word." I hope I'm in Aurora in time to help keep these sickos from getting to the mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, and friends effected by this.

I'm convinced they're marxist lawyers who endeavor to marginalize the "religious right". No "conservative", right wing religious republican has ever participated in or endorsed the actions of these idiots.

Ca Patriot

I'm convinced they're marxist lawyers who endeavor to marginalize the "religious right". No "conservative", right wing religious republican has ever participated in or endorsed the actions of these idiots.

You are pretty much spot on.

They are NOT a church. They are a family and the parents are lawyers. They make a very good living off their lawsuits and publicity and the stupid public and media keep feeding them.

The left wing media loves them because they get to portray all Christians as being like WBC.

The right wing media is too stupid to get sucked into the WBC ploy and WBC is making lots of money.

They have a constitutional right now to protest and say all the things they say but the public and media should STOP talking about them and giving them a platform.

mustangkiller

Do we know why they're gonna protest? Gays, soldiers, I get it. Innocent bystanders trying to enjoy life and watch a movie? That is beyond me. Btw, just cause I get it doesn't mean I agree with it.

LoneEchoWolf

Do we know why they're gonna protest? Gays, soldiers, I get it. Innocent bystanders trying to enjoy life and watch a movie? That is beyond me. Btw, just cause I get it doesn't mean I agree with it.

as far as I'm aware they have been praying for more dead, and saying god sent him here for us and all the dead including all the children are "gay". you know the normal crazy stuff expected. some i cannot even repeat. i don't know exactly what there going to protest tomorrow but regardless its unacceptable to me.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran

Either because God Hates Innocent Victims, God Hates People Who Eat Popcorn, or God Hates Batman? Sorry, but that's the best I can come up with.

As has already been mentioned, the Phelps tribe survives by filing lawsuits against anybody they can. Often it is easier and cheaper to settle with them than to fight it out over principles and justice.

While I can understand the disgust over their positions and pronouncements, I believe that the best way to deal with them is to ignore them rather than to continually show up in an effort to "block" their message. They do a good enough job on their own of acting the buffoon that they do not need our help. The news covers the counter-protest which means their message also gets coverage - directly or indirectly. Regardless, they win. If they are ignored they will eventually either go away or be seen as the nutjob jerks they are.

stay safe.

SFCRetired

Skid hit the nail square on the head. These people (if you'll excuse my use of the word in describing them) feed off hate and publicity. "Church"? No. Christian? Not by any stretch of the word I've ever seen. "Baptist"? I don't know of any Baptist association that would claim them; not even the Southern Baptist Convention at its worst (I can remember a time when deacons and pastors of a lot of SBC churches were active in a certain hate group.).

Yes, almost all of the adults are lawyers. The patriarch of the family is a disbarred lawyer and is not an ordained minister of any denomination of which I am aware.

PistolPackingMomma

Wasn't there a story last year about the WBC going to protest a funeral, and all the towns residents cars ended up parked behind any car with Alabama (?) licenses plates, and the tow trucks were "backed up" for several hours until after the funeral, and one of the church members was at a gas station spouting off about how they were going to protest, and he was beaten up in front of a crowd of witnesses who "didn't see anything"?

MiracleWik

i cannot believe this, would they like it if people protested there lovely mothers funeral saying such things about her or there daughter or son? i highly doubt it, but then again they would probably believe that theres no way there great family member could be anything but just below greatness.

These people include themselves in the hate they spew, they also fully believe they've been damned to hell. The "What if it was your son?" argument will not work with them since they believe no matter what they do they cannot be redeemed.

-Ashley