• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Exceptions

tjw2666

I`m 17, I turn 18 in January. Henderson is a bad place here in NC, I have been at gas stations and people pull guns on another person, some spots I have to ride through daily are really rough with people shooting and robbing ect. My main question is, being that I have to be 18 to open carry, are there any exceptions to allow me to open carry while with an adult as I have to take my grandma and my mom everywhere and they don`t have the means to defend their self if something was to happen, if it makes any difference it would be either my 38 special snub nose, or my m&p 40.

Vitaeus

You might want to post this in the North Carolina specific forum, more likely to get an answer there since each state has different laws regarding firearms and open carry in particular.