• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Former Local LEO Speaks On KKHOW about Midnight Massacre

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
My wife was listening to the Peter Boyles show on KHOW radio as she drove to work on Friday. She was so astounded by what she heard that she called me to alert me. I didn't get to hear it as it aired, but was able to visit the KHOW website, Pete's Page, and listen to an archieved audio of that hour.

At approximately 6:20am, a gentleman called who stated he is a former LEO locally, and chatted with Peter about the horrific shooting that morning.
I am quoting him as accurately as I am able:
"I wish there were someone with a CCW in that theater who could have acted."

The statement is astounding, and I believe reflective of officers in Aurora expressing support for the citizen's right to carry, whether open or concealed, and why LAC's seldom are bothered by Aurora police officers for carrying a means of self defense.

It has been my experience that APD officers seem respectful of our right to carry, and some I've interacted with are even encouraging in their support.
After the midnight massacre in Aurora, I think more will shift their opinion in favor of the legally armed citizen who carries as an ally rather in our city.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Bellum_Intus

Howdy Folks!
My wife was listening to the Peter Boyles show on KHOW radio as she drove to work on Friday. She was so astounded by what she heard that she called me to alert me. I didn't get to hear it as it aired, but was able to visit the KHOW website, Pete's Page, and listen to an archieved audio of that hour.

At approximately 6:20am, a gentleman called who stated he is a former LEO locally, and chatted with Peter about the horrific shooting that morning.

The statement is astounding, and I believe reflective of officers in Aurora expressing support for the citizen's right to carry, whether open or concealed, and why LAC's seldom are bothered by Aurora police officers for carrying a means of self defense.

It has been my experience that APD officers seem respectful of our right to carry, and some I've interacted with are even encouraging in their support.
After the midnight massacre in Aurora, I think more will shift their opinion in favor of the legally armed citizen who carries as an ally rather in our city.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

I was at a training session for the Rangers today, almost the same thing was stated during our brief discussion re: Aurora.

When I went to work Friday, people around the 'water cooler' were all saying "too bad Rob wasn't there" .. I walked in when they said that.. my reply.. "at least I'd have slowed him down for maybe a few seconds so others could escape" ...

Back to the point.. LEO's in general do support us here in Colorado.. glad to see that being hammered home.

--Rob

Gunslinger

Howdy Folks!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

They may be respectful of our right to carry, but they aren't respecful of the 4th and 5th Amendments. Their Stormtrooper tactics of a month ago are the most egregious trampling of citizens's rights I've ever heard of.

M-Taliesin

They may be respectful of our right to carry, but they aren't respecful of the 4th and 5th Amendments. Their Stormtrooper tactics of a month ago are the most egregious trampling of citizens's rights I've ever heard of.

Howdy Gunslinger!
As you likely know, I spoke strongly against what took place on June 2nd right here on the Colorado board of OCDO. Yes, it was an egregious disregard of Constitutional rights, and I denounced it myself.

But this is about OC, and it has been my experience that Aurora P.D. officers tend to honor and respect our rights to OC. I've never had a problem with APD officers, but found them accepting, even encouraging of exercising that right.

I will speak out about my opinion when I believe abuses take place, but I believe there should be an equal time for praise when they demonstrate the better part of their profession. We should be equally prepared to praise as we are to criticize.

And we ought also remember, cops are human beings too. They make mistakes, just like everybody else. Ain't any of us perfect.
Their massive error on June 2nd was wrong. We can agree on that.
But their performance in the Aurora theater shooting was outstanding, and still is.
The purpose of the OCDO forum is our 2a right to carry openly as freeborn citizens.
And in that specific regard, Aurora P.D. have shown they 'get it'.
For that, I can see room for commending them.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

rushcreek2

The reaction of the APD to the Wells Fargo Bank robbery was an over-reach of authority and trampled upon the rights of a number of citizens, while holding them at gunpoint. I personally believe the Aurora PD officers - especially those officers directly involved who were embarrassingly photographed in the act are cognizant of this fact, but are precluded from publicly commenting on the advice of legal counsel.

Had the murderer at the Cinema 16 not been promptly identified, and apprehended it is conceivable that the APD might once again have been confronted with a similar judgement call. Myself - I can not even imagine what was racing through the minds of the responding officers while listening to the replay of the APD dispatch immediately following the shooting.

Somewhere between the Wells Fargo Bank robbery, and this Cinema 16 tragedy lies the "Jewel of Wisdom" that all dedicated LEO's seek.

Those critics of the APD's response to the Wells Fargo incident (like myself) who are in possession of that particular "Jewel of Wisdom" might want to consider applying for employment at the Aurora PD front desk.

Last edited:

range rat

Howdy Folks!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

please read.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/07/robert-farago/cinemark-theaters-no-legal-firearms-allowed/

OC for ME

Howdy Gunslinger!
As you likely know, I spoke strongly against what took place on June 2nd right here on the Colorado board of OCDO. Yes, it was an egregious disregard of Constitutional rights, and I denounced it myself.

But this is about OC, and it has been my experience that Aurora P.D. officers tend to honor and respect our rights to OC. I've never had a problem with APD officers, but found them accepting, even encouraging of exercising that right.

I will speak out about my opinion when I believe abuses take place, but I believe there should be an equal time for praise when they demonstrate the better part of their profession. We should be equally prepared to praise as we are to criticize.

And we ought also remember, cops are human beings too. They make mistakes, just like everybody else. Ain't any of us perfect.
Their massive error on June 2nd was wrong. We can agree on that.
But their performance in the Aurora theater shooting was outstanding, and still is.
The purpose of the OCDO forum is our 2a right to carry openly as freeborn citizens.
And in that specific regard, Aurora P.D. have shown they 'get it'.
For that, I can see room for commending them.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin
No, it is not about OC it is about APD and their conduct.

APD stepped in it on June 2nd, they know it, yet not a peep, not even an anonymous peep. APD has defended their actions as appropriate and reasonable. The extensive coverage, photos, and video show their complete disregard for many a citizen's rights. In my view, their unlawful and unwarranted threat of using lethal force on law abiding citizens does not absolve them of the moniker of 'rights abusers'.

APD and the state is relying upon time and the citizenry's short attention span to allow the events of June 2nd to fade into history, fade to a dim memory. It is equally fortuitous to have a distraction present its self, namely the Aurora theater shooting to further force June 2nd out of the public's collective consciousness.

Yes, cops are human and mistakes are made from time to time, but June 2nd was not and is not a mere 'mistake' it was intentional, calculated, focused in its execution, and sanctioned from the highest levels of APD and the state.

This is why I believe that it is not and should not be about OC but about APD. APD 'did it' once and they will 'do it' again given the opportunity, the Chief essentially admitted as such based on his justification for APD's conduct on June 2nd.

What exactly did APD do differently to warrant a hardy well done with respect to their performance before and after the Aurora theater shooting?

WalkingWolf

Just what did happen to the person arrested for the Wells Fargo Bank robbery? I have wondered from the first report of the incident if it turned into a false arrest case.

While the officers of your community may be local and more in tune with local/state law and the community the chief is a Yankee. And he talks and acts like one, I am not surprised he ordered the arrest of multiple citizens without RAS or PC.