Thread: Clark County OC incident

Clark County OC incident

Hi all,

I haven't been on in a bit. I finally got a job and have been very busy.

I took my family out to dinner tonight. Hometown Buffet...(mmm, steak), I had a lot of eyes on me tonight, which is to be expected/normal. I saw a couple talking to the manager and they all were looking at me, which does not bother me. No bad incident happened. When we were exiting the restaurant I was holding the door open for two couples and one of the males stopped and shook my hand and thanked me for fighting for our right to bear arms. I replied "Amen, you are welcome." I did not serve in the military but I do keep my hair high and tight...(hate wasting shampoo.) So all in all it was a good night.

Way to go Pat, keep calm and carry on.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar
    We should make a shirt that says "Keep Calm and Carry Open". (even though "openly" would be proper grammar)

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    Hi all,

I took my family out to dinner tonight. Hometown Buffet...(mmm, steak), I had a lot of eyes on me tonight, which is to be expected/normal. I saw a couple talking to the manager and they all were looking at me, which does not bother me. No bad incident happened.
    Every once in a while I get a wild hair stuck where the sun don't shine and when I notice people very obviously pointing and talking about me, I'll smile, wave and ask them "Can I be of any assistance, do you need some help?" in a polite and courteous tone. When I'm feeling particularly cheeky I sometimes follow that with an approach with an extended hand to 'greet' and give my name. It catches them a little off guard but I have struck up many conversations by doing that and the vast majority are positive. I definitely evaluate the situation carefully and I rarely will approach if it's just two women or there are children present because I don't want to provoke a mother bear instinct to come out.

Patriot,

It sounds like you had a nice dinner Out with your family. Good to see someone else from SW Washington on here. I've only been on here for about a month but haven't seen too many people from our area. Do you know if there is ever any regular meet ups or picnics in the Clark/Cowlitz county area?

meeting up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fibresteve View Post
    Patriot,

It sounds like you had a nice dinner Out with your family. Good to see someone else from SW Washington on here. I've only been on here for about a month but haven't seen too many people from our area. Do you know if there is ever any regular meet ups or picnics in the Clark/Cowlitz county area?
    Hey Steve,

Normally it is just a matter of saying where you will be and when you will be there. I have every Saturday off. I know that there are others in the area that will meet also.