• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Clark County OC incident

The Patriot

Hi all,

I haven't been on in a bit. I finally got a job and have been very busy.

I took my family out to dinner tonight. Hometown Buffet...(mmm, steak), I had a lot of eyes on me tonight, which is to be expected/normal. I saw a couple talking to the manager and they all were looking at me, which does not bother me. No bad incident happened. When we were exiting the restaurant I was holding the door open for two couples and one of the males stopped and shook my hand and thanked me for fighting for our right to bear arms. I replied "Amen, you are welcome." I did not serve in the military but I do keep my hair high and tight...(hate wasting shampoo.) So all in all it was a good night.

jolly__roger

Hi all,

I took my family out to dinner tonight. Hometown Buffet...(mmm, steak), I had a lot of eyes on me tonight, which is to be expected/normal. I saw a couple talking to the manager and they all were looking at me, which does not bother me. No bad incident happened.

Every once in a while I get a wild hair stuck where the sun don't shine and when I notice people very obviously pointing and talking about me, I'll smile, wave and ask them "Can I be of any assistance, do you need some help?" in a polite and courteous tone. When I'm feeling particularly cheeky I sometimes follow that with an approach with an extended hand to 'greet' and give my name. It catches them a little off guard but I have struck up many conversations by doing that and the vast majority are positive. I definitely evaluate the situation carefully and I rarely will approach if it's just two women or there are children present because I don't want to provoke a mother bear instinct to come out.

Fibresteve

Patriot,

It sounds like you had a nice dinner Out with your family. Good to see someone else from SW Washington on here. I've only been on here for about a month but haven't seen too many people from our area. Do you know if there is ever any regular meet ups or picnics in the Clark/Cowlitz county area?

The Patriot

meeting up.

Patriot,

It sounds like you had a nice dinner Out with your family. Good to see someone else from SW Washington on here. I've only been on here for about a month but haven't seen too many people from our area. Do you know if there is ever any regular meet ups or picnics in the Clark/Cowlitz county area?

Hey Steve,

Normally it is just a matter of saying where you will be and when you will be there. I have every Saturday off. I know that there are others in the area that will meet also.