• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mexico urges US to review gun laws

Jay Jacobs

I think the Pot is(calderon) calling the kettle black.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/21/us-usa-shooting-mexico-idUSBRE86K0IL20120721

(Reuters) - Mexican President Felipe Calderon condemned U.S. gun laws as "mistaken" and urged Washington to review them after a shooter killed 12 people and injured more than 50 others at a U.S. movie theater on Friday.

ridiculous

More than ridiculous, if I'm not mistaken they have more gun violence than we do despite their "tight" gun control.
How's it working out for them?

Mas49.56

Yep, the Mexican government is such a shining beacon of enlightenment. All the innocent people burning alive in barrels agree I'm sure.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well, isn't that special? Mexicans with a higher crime rate than the US giving us advice.

Maybe it will stop the flow of illegals across the boarder? Ha!

They are just sore about the war they lost.

jolly__roger

I think the Pot is(calderon) calling the kettle black.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/21/us-usa-shooting-mexico-idUSBRE86K0IL20120721

(Reuters) - Mexican President Felipe Calderon condemned U.S. gun laws as "mistaken" and urged Washington to review them after a shooter killed 12 people and injured more than 50 others at a U.S. movie theater on Friday.

ridiculous

I whole heartedly agree that there needs to be a review on our laws and strengthening of certain aspects of those laws. Now before everyone jumps on me, let me explain... I'm referring to crap like ATF's lovely Operation Fast and Furious. Normally I am not in favour of more laws but if changing an existing or enacting a new law is the only way to prevent that type of BS from happening, I would urge our congress to vote for it. I would rather do away with the ATF but unfortunately I don't see that happening any time soon.

Vitaeus

I whole heartedly agree that there needs to be a review on our laws and strengthening of certain aspects of those laws. Now before everyone jumps on me, let me explain... I'm referring to crap like ATF's lovely Operation Fast and Furious. Normally I am not in favour of more laws but if changing an existing or enacting a new law is the only way to prevent that type of BS from happening, I would urge our congress to vote for it. I would rather do away with the ATF but unfortunately I don't see that happening any time soon.

I sincerely doubt that there is a lack of active statutes that could apply to the fraud, falsehoods, ethics and policy violations that made up the morass of stupidity and culpability of "Fast and Furious " and the stone-walling and cover-up currently in progress. I honestly think the RICO statutes could very likely be used to good effect to remove the desire for the next fellow to follow in these folks footsteps.

WalkingWolf

Now wait a minute, if Mexico is suggesting we disarm and dismantle the BATF and FBI I can go along with that ~ if that is not what they meant they can sit on it and rotate.

Welcome Tomoko, nice to see more females being vocal in the forum.

yup new here..from Japan but I got a handle on English better than what some Americans think. don't let my accent fool you. First english book I picked up was by George Carlin..so you can expect how I am already from the get-go. I am Libertarian and stay to those values as to Christianity. I'm definitely not afraid to say what is on my mind.

Difdi

More laws certainly won't help, if the people in charge of enforcing those laws are complicit in the violation of them.

Or, as in the case of the BATF in Fast and Furious, not merely complicit, but actively sabotaging enforcement efforts and outright telling gun shop owners to ignore the law.

Last edited:

Contrarian

Welcome

トモちゃん;1793039 said:
yup new here..from Japan but I got a handle on English better than what some Americans think.

Great - and welcome. I think you just moved the collective IQ upwards in the room by several points.

Schlepnier

トモちゃん;1793039 said:
yup new here..from Japan but I got a handle on English better than what some Americans think. don't let my accent fool you. First english book I picked up was by George Carlin..so you can expect how I am already from the get-go. I am Libertarian and stay to those values as to Christianity. I'm definitely not afraid to say what is on my mind.
Hey i am from here...but i do speak japanese (a bit rusty since i havent been back to japan in about a decade). it wasn't books that got me, i blame uchu senkan yamato(the live action movie was GREAT brought back some good memories) back when i was in grade school. it kind of exploded from there (got a nice seikima II tattoo on my shoulder). :D

Batousaii

Mexico has no right to talk -- all i can say is..... Really ???

トモちゃん;1793039 said:
yup new here..from Japan.
~ Welcome to the forum. My wife is Japanese and also loves to shoot too. She is fond of our .357 revolver, and our M-4 rifle.

- Well off to work for me, have a good day everyone.

acmariner99

トモちゃん;1793039 said:

Welcome to the forum .. and to the United States. Thank you for respecting our laws and culture .. as complicated as it is sometimes. We have regular get togethers a couple times a month (1st and 2nd Saturdays of every month). Hope to see you around!

Welcome to the forum .. and to the United States. Thank you for respecting our laws and culture .. as complicated as it is sometimes. We have regular get togethers a couple times a month (1st and 2nd Saturdays of every month). Hope to see you around!

I live right inside the camas meadows or (Camas Land) in between Cashmere and Leavenworth.

amzbrady

I think Pres Caldoron should only wish his countries violence was like ours. Our vitcims dont wind up headless and stack in heaps on the road side. I dont think I'll be looking for his advice until millions of Americans start fleeing our country to thiers.