• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unfriendly to Gunowners list

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was going to create an Unfriendly to Gunowners list.

Well, I haven't yet. I did purchase two domains, one of which I'll use for that list and several lists. Gun stores that don't allow OC and a few others. I'll have some discussion areas also but for right now, just the lists.

The address will be WERVA.net but I haven't pointed it to the website yet so give me a day or so. Then I need to get the list up and email to report Unfriendly places.

This list will definitely include places that allow CC but not OC. It's like being pregnant...Either you is or you ain't.

There will also be a list of Friendly businesses. That will be up at the same time as the Unfriendly.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Peter,

Just a suggestion because what you have started looks fine. Take a look at the Mantra theme for wordpress.

I'll look at it HL. That theme was just the first one I grabbed. They're hot swappable without changing the data. This is in the very early stages.

Thundar...I have lots to add but need to verify they still are and then get them in. I'm still fiddling with the format.
I will be posting an email address soon to submit places.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'll look at it HL. That theme was just the first one I grabbed. They're hot swappable without changing the data. This is in the very early stages.

Thundar...I have lots to add but need to verify they still are and then get them in. I'm still fiddling with the format.
I will be posting an email address soon to submit places.

Not bad Half Life. I'll configure it later. I need to get the listings on the pages in order first.

mpguy

Not bad Half Life. I'll configure it later. I need to get the listings on the pages in order first.

Do you need help with any of this? If I catch any breaks, I'd be happy to help, if it's nothing more than letting you know were I've oc'ed so you can compare notes.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Do you need help with any of this? If I catch any breaks, I'd be happy to help, if it's nothing more than letting you know were I've oc'ed so you can compare notes.

Sent from my Droid Razr using Tapatalk 2

I might need some moderators/editors. MK4 is Co Administrating it with me. It'll change a lot in the next 24 hours then hopefully, it will only need upkeep and additional entries.
I'll let you know and thanks!

Just bear with me for a little. I am not an internet wiz kid.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
a collaborative spreadsheet might be a easier way to keep the list.. even if it is embedded within your existing page.. An example of this is like this:

http://www.purcellstore.com/current-stock.html

It would make the initial entry easier Ed, but you can't embed pictures, video or audio on a spread sheet or send a ping back.

This is not only to let gun owners who is naughty and nice, but to let the perpetrators know they are being watched.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Any reason for not using http://friendorfoe.us/, other than it's a interactive map format vs. a list?

Just that I don't control it. Everyone has their own idea of unfriendly and friendly.
VCDL wouldn't have added Bodo's because they allowed CHP's. If they hadn't stopped waffling, they'd have been first on the list.

Friend or Foe is good but this is Virginia specific and when finished...probably more complete for the areas.

Last, it will be tied to other carry subjects that are neglected.

Last edited:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
The site is up and running. It's still rough but getting better.
http://www.werva.net/

I've carried into the Cracker Barrel in Manassas on a number of occasions and have never had a problem. It's been years since I have eaten there so I don't know what it would be like in the restaurant section but in the store section, it was a no-brainer.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I've carried into the Cracker Barrel in Manassas on a number of occasions and have never had a problem. It's been years since I have eaten there so I don't know what it would be like in the restaurant section but in the store section, it was a no-brainer.

It's still in the setting up stage SB, but I think I included a telephone call recording with corporate telling me CC is OK but OC is not. The breakfast club was asked to leave one Saturday and I was tossed out the following week when I went back to discuss it.

Sheriff

I sure am glad Bodo's didn't make the official hit list.

I would hate to go against the grain by continuing to eat at a place of business on this official hit list. :lol:

H82GO55

Buffalo Wild Wings in Chesapeake has a no guns allowed sign to the left of their door, or at least the last time I went last year. Stopped going when I noticed it, even though I typically CC. I can take a pic of it and post it if you would like.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Buffalo Wild Wings in Chesapeake has a no guns allowed sign to the left of their door, or at least the last time I went last year. Stopped going when I noticed it, even though I typically CC. I can take a pic of it and post it if you would like.

Thanks but I have one. There's a lot going on now and I haven't had time to really concentrate on the list yet.

half_life1052

Please take what I am saying as suggestions not criticism. You may not have noticed what in my opinion is Mantras real strength. Under dashboard-->appearance-->Mantra Settings there is an item called presentation page. You can use this to create a front page layout with a slider and an image link to sub pages. I will PM you an IP address of a site that is still being setup that uses this technique.