• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Outing with Keens on Saturday!

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
I had to get an oil change for the Jeep on Saturday morning, and Keens met up with me at the auto place up in Brighton for an outing.
We had planned to do so, but our exact plans were somewhat nebulous as to specific plans. We'd just hang out and do some stuff.
Considering we met up just after 8am, and parted company around 8pm, there is a great deal to talk about, and much more than one post can hold.
So this may end up in multiple parts.

For starters, we both OC'd at Johnson Auto at 136th and 85 just south of Brighton. There were a number of other folks bringing cars in for service,
the service folks who took care of customers, and other customers waiting in the lounge for work on their cars to be completed. Those folks in the lounge were watching television, and of course, the focus was on the building where the shooter had rigged a complex and intricate maze of trip wires and explosive devices. Nobody said anything untoward about our openy carried handguns. We walked through the place a couple of times, went outside to share a smoke, back inside to check on a deal the service guy offered for a prepaid package of services, and a visit to the parts department where I ended up buying a new hat. Keens noted that the one I chose wasn't all that expensive, but hey... $20 bucks is 20 bucks! Still, I liked the hat so I bought it.

At one point on a subsequent visit to the lounge, somebody said "Too bad the cops didn't kill that guy!"
I spoke up and said "Too bad the theater has a 'no firearms' policy. If I'd been there, and armed because I likely would have ignored their corporate policy, I'd have tried to take him out." I glanced around to see every head in the lounge nodding in agreement. It was obvious to me they considered reasonable that somebody could have tried, at the least.

Back in the garage, as I waited for my paperwork so I could pay up and go my way, we ended up in conversation about the shooting with a gentleman who is a veteran of world war 2. He said he has been through hell at Iwo Jima. He knew the horror of war, and the loss of friends. It was clear that he thought somebody should have been in a position to do something, somehow. Memory of friends lost, the horror he'd witnessed, caused him to become tearful when thinking about the horror and loss of life in the assault in Aurora just some 36 hours earlier.

After paying the tab, Keens followed me to the King Soopers in Brighton and shifted his gear to my Jeep. I gassed it up and we stopped at King Soopers and went inside to get some goodies for the road. We walked throughout the store, and selected our items, with nobody showing any alarm or concern that we were both armed.

We left the store to start our adventure.
And it was a real excellent day of adventure!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
Speaking of Keens.... anybody see him around since yesterday?
Or maybe heard from him at all?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

PFC HALE

i would have met up with ya'll but i was busy replacing the clutch in my ram cummins truck... not an easy task. took 12 hours or so to complete.

Keens

Hello Mel,

I'm still alive! Thanks for letting me hang out with ya on Saturday! Sorry I wasn't around on the forum much yesterday, I sure was worn out and the lady wanted me to spend some time with her during the day. Last night I cleaned my sidearm really good since it was spitting oil out when we were shooting. I also performed a trigger job on it, it's a bit lighter now, pulling about 8 lbs instead of the factory 12 lbs. That will help a lot with my target placement. I had a blast on Sat and thanks again!

Blessings,

Keens