• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No Gun = No Money OC info cards

Maine Expat

Ok, I have what I think is a decent generic (non State specific) card that anyone can copy and print.

The problem I'm having is getting the whole sheet of ten cards filled in. I created the message, but I can't copy it to the other 9 cards on the sheet w/o losing the formatting and having to rewrite/reformat every one of them.

To say I EFFIN HATE Word 2010 is a gross understatement.

Anyway here it is.

No Guns = No Money

If I’m not welcome here with my sidearm then neither is my Money.

I’ll be sure to tell ALL my friends about your unconstitutional, anti-gun policies and we’ll spend our money elsewhere.

I’m sure your competitors won’t mind.

www.opencarry.org

I have 200 Avery 28371's waiting for ink.

blcouch

I agree with your idea and the principle behind it. Thing is a private entity is in their legal rights to infringe on your rights wether it be speech they don't agree with on their property or prohibiting your carrying of a firearm. So calling their policy "unconstitutional" may not be technically correct and may go so far as to give them the impression that you are one of the " I'm gonna open carry my Barrett 82 in Target 'cause its my right" peeps.
, and may put their minds on the defensive instead of opening them up. Just an observation.

But again, I agree with what you are aiming to do. I have thought of doing something similar.

Maine Expat

You are quite right. Private entities CAN say NO to what ever they please. The point of the card is to show them where they'll be losing business (and money) due to an anti gun policy.

If they know they're on a boycott list by a large organized group maybe we can get some changes made.

Anyway, still slaving away at getting a full sheet of cards formatted. I tried to upload what I had yesterday, but the system wouldn't allow a word doc file. Wazzup with that?

Have I mentioned I EFFIN HATE Word 2010? :mad: :cuss: :banghead:

protias

http://www.learntocarry.com/nogunsnomoney/NoGunsNoMoney-Variety.pdf

NoGunsNoMoney-Variety.gif

M

McX

those cards are indeed effective, i gave one to a store owner, and 2 days later, the signs came down.

aa1911

Very nice! I will be printing off a bunch of these and will keep them in my wallet for any confrontations...

Thanks!

aa1911

yeah, no kidding! bringing attention to something that doesn't need undue attention.

If nobody said anything to OC'ers, all these people that are supposedly 'scared' probably wouldn't think much of it. Besides, if your'e scared because you see a gun, you deserve to be scared!

81 emt4life

Ok, I have what I think is a decent generic (non State specific) card that anyone can copy and print.

The problem I'm having is getting the whole sheet of ten cards filled in. I created the message, but I can't copy it to the other 9 cards on the sheet w/o losing the formatting and having to rewrite/reformat every one of them.

To say I EFFIN HATE Word 2010 is a gross understatement.

Anyway here it is.

No Guns = No Money

If I’m not welcome here with my sidearm then neither is my Money.

I’ll be sure to tell ALL my friends about your unconstitutional, anti-gun policies and we’ll spend our money elsewhere.

I’m sure your competitors won’t mind.

www.opencarry.org

I have 200 Avery 28371's waiting for ink.

sorry for the late post here, but i just saw this and i am not very active. I am assuming your using standard Avery stock that one would get at an OfficeMax or something similar. If that is the case, you should check out the Avery website itself. Last time I did cards for a friend, I found that the Avery site had a Template designed for that specific card stock that i could import into word and it would allow me to get everything lined up so it would print on every card. I also know the Avery website used to have a stand alone software that you could use, not sure if it is still there or not, but might be worth looking into.

Cheers

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
There is nothing unconstitutional about a private business owner denying you access to their business while armed. Stupid and shortsighted? Absolutely. But not unconstitutional.

Why you may ask? The constitution and all of its amendments limit the power that Government can exert over the people. It doesn't do anything to restrain one person from doing anything.

All I'm saying is that when you use the "unconstitutional" argument where it doesn't belong, it weakens the entire argument.

tyc

\\
... The problem I'm having is getting the whole sheet of ten cards filled in. I created the message, but I can't copy it to the other 9 cards on the sheet w/o losing the formatting and having to rewrite/reformat every one of them.

If I may suggest ... there is a program called "glabels". It's open source (aka FREE) and you wouldn't believe just how good it is until you try it. I've been using computers since the late sixties and I've never seen anything that good before.

tyc

SixGunCowboy

There is nothing unconstitutional about a business denying you access to their business because you're carrying a firearm. According to the laws, the laws give private businesses the right to decide whether or not to allow guns onto their premises. The O.C. cards are to give businesses the notice that there is a growing movement of people who "carry" their firearms, the cards are just a way to get them to realize that people too, have a choice on whether or not to patron their business given their "anti-gun" stance. If that gets them to change their minds, okay. If not, then it's not against the laws for them to do so.

eye95

It goes even deeper than the law. If we believe in Liberty, we must respect the Liberty of others, which includes how they use their property.

We can only defend our Liberty by first defending the Liberty of others.

skunkarific

It goes even deeper than the law. If we believe in Liberty, we must respect the Liberty of others, which includes how they use their property.

We can only defend our Liberty by first defending the Liberty of others.

Really good point eye95.. Expat, you're totally wrong. What we need is persuasion, not confrontation. Rather, wouldn't you rather enlighten them and bring them to our point of view?

Take a second and assess your emotional response to what you just read above. When I said you were wrong, didn't your hairs bristle? Do YOU like being told you're wrong? Me neither. If you're gonna do this, can we first understand their point of view ("I'm afraid of gun violence and I want to protect my business from liability") and them give them information to help them acheive that very goal in a way that is more in line with common sense and freedom?

Maybe something like this:

Dear favorite store:

Hi! I noticed your gun-free zone sign on your door last time I came in. Gun violence scares me personally, I'm glad you want to do something about it. I'm wondering, though, what effect the sign might have on people. You and I would certainly observe the sign, but would someone bent on killing everyone in the store abandon his murderous rage because a sign told him he wasn't allowed to bring his weapon in? I might be wrong, but I personally don't think it would stop any guns except the ones legally carried by people who have passed some pretty strong background checks who might be able to defend us before the police came. I'm concerned that the presence of the sign might be viewed as an advertisement to violent armed criminals that they would be met with no resistance. I know this kind of thing rarely happens, but lately, it's been happening a lot in "Gun Free Zones " like Connecticut, Columbine, and Virginia. If I owned a business, I might also be concerned about getting sued in the case of someone who would have normally been able to defend being denied that by your company, not to mention knowing a horrible situation could have been prevented or minimized. What do you think?

My personal reaction to this approach:
I was doing some networking for a Honda dealership nearby. The signs were on the door, and I had the above conversation with the owner. He said some nut job handed him a card saying he wasn't going to do business there if he couldn't carry his gun in. Apparently the negative confrontation of the person and card allowed his emotion to override his common sense and made him dig his heels in. I asked him if he was afraid of me....he said, "Of course not!" "Even though I have a gun on me?" That made him think and personalized the gun-toter as someone he knew and trusted and felt safe with. I went in armed, did the job, and next time he needed something, I went back. The signs were gone. I asked about it, he replied, "I guess it was silly to believe if it didn't stop you, who I like, would it stop someone I didn't? I'd rather have you here to defend me."

Last edited:

FTG-05

You are quite right. Private entities CAN say NO to what ever they please. The point of the card is to show them where they'll be losing business (and money) due to an anti gun policy.

If they know they're on a boycott list by a large organized group maybe we can get some changes made.

Anyway, still slaving away at getting a full sheet of cards formatted. I tried to upload what I had yesterday, but the system wouldn't allow a word doc file. Wazzup with that?

Have I mentioned I EFFIN HATE Word 2010? :mad: :cuss: :banghead:

Word >>> Save As >>>> .pdf

Should be a lot smaller file size.

Good luck!