Thread: I'm new

I'm new

Hi Guys,

I've been reading these forums on my downtime at work and finally decided to join. I'd like to introduce myself, my names Chan and I feel like I'm fairly young compared to most on here. I've been concealed carrying (walther pps .40) for the past 3yrs and recently discovered that WA is in fact an open carry state. Im currently overseas but when I return stateside I might have to try OC if i can find a decent holster. If i have any questions or find myself in any situations because of my OC I hope you guys can provide me guidance.

Thanks,

-Chan

Quote Originally Posted by seouljachan View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've been reading these forums on my downtime at work and finally decided to join. I'd like to introduce myself, my names Chan and I feel like I'm fairly young compared to most on here. I've been concealed carrying (walther pps .40) for the past 3yrs and recently discovered that WA is in fact an open carry state. Im currently overseas but when I return stateside I might have to try OC if i can find a decent holster. If i have any questions or find myself in any situations because of my OC I hope you guys can provide me guidance.
    Thanks,

-Chan
    Might want to be more proactive than that. I dont know how OC works in WI but its always a good idea to think of solutions to situations before they happen so that your not cought off guard and start rambeling "UMs" and "I dont knows"

Welcome to OCDO! Be sure to connect with us at the Federal Way coffee when you get back.

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar
    Welcome, I carry a PPS 9mm myself. There are a lot more holster options now than a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    Might want to be more proactive than that. I dont know how OC works in WI but its always a good idea to think of solutions to situations before they happen so that your not cought off guard and start rambeling "UMs" and "I dont knows"
    WA, not WI.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    WA, not WI.
    It's an easy typo to make, they're only about 6-7 inches apart... =)

@OP
    I'm fairly new here as well and I have yet to attend any meetups but I do look forward to it. Not sure how soon I'll be able to though, have a very busy schedule for a while.

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome. I'll be home sometime between oct - nov for a couple weeks and i'll have to attend a meet if there is one going on.

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Welcome to OCDO! Be sure to connect with us at the Federal Way coffee when you get back.
    Which FW coffee place is that?

Quote Originally Posted by trevorthebusdriver View Post
    Welcome, I carry a PPS 9mm myself. There are a lot more holster options now than a few years ago.
    Do you have any personal recommendations on holsters?

Hej Chan, Welcome I started to OC in 1970 when I came back from Nam, good time to start. And, my record still stands..never been hasseled about my OC yet. Had a very nice friendly discussion with a Skagit Co Deputy Saturday. As to my carry, all I got from him was a compliment. (see Eastern Wa thread)

Welcome, read and understand the laws according to your state, if you don't break the laws they cannot make
    a charge stick. I have not had many negative encounters,I have had many positive encounters.
    Stay safe
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by seouljachan View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. I'll be home sometime between oct - nov for a couple weeks and i'll have to attend a meet if there is one going on.

Which FW coffee place is that?

Do you have any personal recommendations on holsters?
    The second Saturday of every month we have coffee at the Starbucks just off Hwy 18 and I-5.
    Live Free or Die!

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Welcome to the forum and, like Gogodawgs said, please feel free to join us at the Starbucks in Federal Way on the 2nd Saturday of each month. We look forward to seeing you there!
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Quote Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
    Welcome to the forum and, like Gogodawgs said, please feel free to join us at the Starbucks in Federal Way on the 2nd Saturday of each month. We look forward to seeing you there!
    SO this weekend is one of the Saturdays?
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    SO this weekend is one of the Saturdays?
    No.

Second Saturday of the month. This week would be the Forth...
    Last edited by slapmonkay; 07-24-2012 at 05:30 PM.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.