• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Outing with Keens (part 2)

M-Taliesin

Some form of article is out but as always ....missed the mark IMHO

"I would have tried to put a bullet in that guy," he says."

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-07-22/aurora-gun-control-debate/56419042/1

Howdy Amigo!
The writer didn't get the message I tried to convey most; that without any means of defense, nobody could stop the guy. I'd have tried, surely enough, if able, to put a bullet in the guy in hopes of saving lives. But the essential I wanted to convey was that everybody on the Colorado OCDO board is as incensed as anybody about the shooting that took place. That the lack of ability to return fire made possible the carnage that took place.

Anyhow, I tried my best to get something positive into the press.
It ain't what I'd have most wanted, but it is what it is, I guess.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

LoneEchoWolf

Howdy Amigo!
The writer didn't get the message I tried to convey most; that without any means of defense, nobody could stop the guy. I'd have tried, surely enough, if able, to put a bullet in the guy in hopes of saving lives. But the essential I wanted to convey was that everybody on the Colorado OCDO board is as incensed as anybody about the shooting that took place. That the lack of ability to return fire made possible the carnage that took place.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

At least the truth on some of the issues is finally getting out there, like the thousands of people that think aurora has some sort of OC CC ban and so on and so forth. at least the article is not trashing us and is helping us in a way!

pfries

Howdy Amigo!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

M-Taliesin

I doubt anyone here faults you on this; still a very forward and proactive measure to get the word out and I for one appreciate the effort.

After all we never know if we do not try, and if we do not try they will never know.

Stay safe

Pat

LoneEchoWolf

M-Taliesin

I doubt anyone here faults you on this; still a very forward and proactive measure to get the word out and I for one appreciate the effort.

After all we never know if we do not try, and if we do not try they will never know.

Stay safe

Pat

agreed, something is far better than nothing and letting them put out these anti peices they have been

M-Taliesin

USA Today Article Quoting me!

Howdy Folks!
Wow guys, I surely do appreciate your kind words. I really do. I was feeling sorta disappointed that the writer didn't focus more on OCDO and less on me. I told him I didn't want to have a focus on me but on the reason for carrying a defensive weapon for our own protection and how it may have helped in that bloodly slaughter in Aurora. I didn't really feel very good about him spending as much ink on what I do, and less on what a law abiding citizen might have done to save lives.

But the one thing he certainly got right.... If I'd been there, and had a shot, I would have put a round into his vest in hopes of saving others.
Maybe got myself shot in the bargain, but a chance worth taking to stop a blood bath!

Oh well, like some have said... better to get a little something in the press rather than nothing but anti propaganda.
Overall, the article was fairly balanced with views from our side, and the antis. Maybe leaning a little better toward our perspective.

Thanks again for those who spoke kindly of what I tried to do.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Bellum_Intus

Oh well, like some have said... better to get a little something in the press rather than nothing but anti propaganda.
Overall, the article was fairly balanced with views from our side, and the antis. Maybe leaning a little better toward our perspective.

Thanks again for those who spoke kindly of what I tried to do.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Good job =) and yes, it was a tad biased our way, ever so slightly..

I am not sure any LEO's will come out and say what they feel though.. I've had a couple tell me 'offline' that it's 'interesting' that all these happen in 'gun free zones' .. and wishes SOMEONE with a carry permit would have been in there..

--Rob

PFC HALE

This is what pisses me off...

from article

""Dan Gross, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, disagrees.

"This tragedy is another grim reminder that guns are the enablers of mass killers and that our nation pays an unacceptable price for our failure to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people," he says. "We are outraged." ""

Now please explain to me how they plan on keeping the guns out of the hands of dangerous people when at the time they purchased the guns they were right in the head, sane, no background problems and obtained the guns legally by legal means. Then one day dudes GF dumps him, he gets evicted and his mother dies. Now this person snaps and becomed "dangerous" and kills many people, how are they to predict when someone will snap to prevent them having guns or who will snap and keep them from ever getting guns?

This kind of thgouth process defies logic and borders on premonition. There is no way besides being god to know who will snap or hide the fact that they are buying guns for evil doing when they at the time legally obtain them. ???

this doesnt even touch on the fact that no laws man can make will keep anyone from obtaining guns illegally...

just wish the antigun people would put logic in their ceral in the morning so they could come up with valid counter arguments.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip--

""Dan Gross, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.................... wish the antigun people would put logic in their cereal in the morning so they could come up with valid counter arguments.

There is no valid counter argument to the right to self-defense - none.

Dan Gross is ..well......gross. He postures and slides in the blood of the victims.

He should burn eternally in the fires of damnation. (Ooops did I say that out loud?)

Keens

Wow! I didn't think it would be published that fast! I'm going to go pick up a copy of USAToday this morning!

Blessings,

Keens

mahkagari

Wow guys, I surely do appreciate your kind words. I really do. I was feeling sorta disappointed that the writer didn't focus more on OCDO and less on me. I told him I didn't want to have a focus on me but on the reason for carrying a defensive weapon for our own protection and how it may have helped in that bloodly slaughter in Aurora. I didn't really feel very good about him spending as much ink on what I do, and less on what a law abiding citizen might have done to save lives.

Yeah, but he has much less ink to work with than you do in your posts. Considering he included two pro-carry quotes, described CO's pro-carry culture, and the only anti quote he included was the usual Brady Bunch hothead, I think he got the gist of your point woven through the article if not in your quote.