• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone available Wednesday night near Clinton Township?

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
yeah, i might be able to swing by
one of our strongest arguments might be that open carry is allowed in the capitol in lansing. does the rent-a-cop really think that he can stop it in "his" building?

Last edited:

Orion

Thanks guys. I can be there anytime starting at 4:30 PM. The office is open until 7 PM.

This is the office at 16 Mile and Gratiot.

Last edited:

DanM

Guys, if I can make it I'll be there. It's not likely, but possible.

To the good officers of Clinton Twp PD who may be monitoring this thread:

Yes, feel free to be there! Please be sure this rent-a-cop keeps his attitude in check about "his" SOS office. In this economy, we really don't want the guy to lose his job because he's stuck on stupid. :)

Last edited:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Thanks guys. I can be there anytime starting at 4:30 PM. The office is open until 7 PM.

This is the office at 16 Mile and Gratiot.

Just a suggestion -

You might want to pick a specific time like 6:15 etc to give people a target time. This way if someone is running late there is still time for you to complete your transaction.

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

Orion

I am going to set a time of 6 PM so as to give everyone ample time. I did stop by there today on the way home and there was no security. Didn't have my paperwork with me or I might have stayed. Maybe it is only on the weekend that they have some?

Orion

Not sure if anyone else will be able to make it but I will be there tonight at 6. From what I saw on Monday there doesn't appear to be security during the week. Maybe they only have a guard on the weekends. Hopefully there will be no issues but I will have printouts from MSP and other info I pieced together from here so I should be ok. Thanks for all who responded and to any who show up I will thank you in person.

Hevymetal

Still at work but I'm heading over there myself for some stuff. Should be there before 6 so I'll grab an extra number for you.