• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

expanding your collection and stocking up following CO shooting

Nevada carrier

I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally purchased 2 stripped AR-15 lowers Saturday afternoon. Now, before you say I'm being an alarmist, lets be clear that this was a purchase I was going to make eventually, but the events this weekend in CO, prompted me to act sooner rather than later.

Has anyone else felt the need to buy up some more ammunition or purchase one or more new firearms in anticipation of the possibility of an AWB again?

A family member in Arizona went to a gun show in the Phoenix area Saturday. She doesn't go to them often enough to say weather it was extraordinarily busy, but she did tell me that people who were buying, "military style" rifles were not hesitating to take out the plastic, and that most vendors only had the very highest priced models left to sell. Basically, she said that if you had $2500 to spend you could find one, but there were no more to be had for less than that.