• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone OC in Erie, PA

MatieA

I live in Erie and was wondering of there are any OCers up this way?

I know it's not what your looking for, but I have family in Erie and open carry whenever I come out to visit (normally once a year for a week). I have never had an issue anywhere I have gone in Erie, although since I was visiting I know that it is possible that I wasn't there long enough to find any anti-carry locations.

spk7755

just an update

I've been OCing in the Erie area for several weeks and had good luck at these places

-Giant Eagle, Peach St
-Shell (Crosby's), Peach St. & Robison Rd.
-Imperial China Buffet, Peach St.
-Country Fair, Main St. McKean
Pizza Hut, Peach St. & Washington Ave.

I have OC'd in some these places several times and had a couple of looks but nothing else, not even a comment. Just thought I'd let you know

spk7755

Another update

I pretty much open carry on a regular basis now. Here is another list of places I've been with good luck

-Walmart, Peach St.
-Kmart, W26th St.

-Dollar General, W38 (the cashier told me when she first saw me she was a little nervous until she saw that I was talking to another employee that I knew. She then told me that she wanted to get a gun herself because she walks home after work. I told her that she should carry for her own protection and wished her luck. She was very polite!)

-Little Ceasers, Liberty St. (The counter lady was very friendly, and asked if i was the one who got harassed by the Erie PD. I told her that I was not and she told me "that's good" and off I went)

-Buy Backs, Peach St.
-The Exchange, Peach St.
-Little Ceasers, w26th St.
-Circle K, Rt 19, Waterford, PA
-Kolhs, Peach St.
-Burlington Coat Factory, Peach St.
-Walmart, W23rd St.
-Kwik Fill, Rt77 Meadville, PA
-Jake's on the Park, Waterford, PA

I'm sure there was a few other place but I can't remember them.

hjmoosejaw

I live in Erie and was wondering of there are any OCers up this way?

I live about 30 miles South of you. I've been up to the Millcreek mall OCing without any problems. I was looking for my wife in there and walked right up to the girl at the jewelry counter at Sears. I asked her where I might find the section of the store I suspected my wife to be in. ( can't remember what it was ) She just smiled and gave me directions. She never batted an eye over the gun.