• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Batman movie

Jonathan Hoff

so today i took my girlfriend to see the new batman movie, the buzz around her house was would i carry or no because of the insident,

I chose to carry and we went to a packed movie theator not a single person said a single word to be either before during or after the movie,

I carried at the 3 oclock pos. i know people had seen it because i caught eyes with a few of them but im dissipointed that no one not even staff was concerened enough to even ask.

beside that it was a great movie and nothing bad happened, but if it was to i would have been prepaired.

Dilligad316

so today i took my girlfriend to see the new batman movie, the buzz around her house was would i carry or no because of the insident,

I chose to carry and we went to a packed movie theator not a single person said a single word to be either before during or after the movie,

I carried at the 3 oclock pos. i know people had seen it because i caught eyes with a few of them but im dissipointed that no one not even staff was concerened enough to even ask.

beside that it was a great movie and nothing bad happened, but if it was to i would have been prepaired.

They probably wasn't that concerned because as many have said "Bad Guys don't typically OC"

Dilligad316

I OCed in Longmont and Niwot all weekend and only one person said anything to me and that was "Thank You for carrying" even having been so close to the shooting in Aurora.

Jonathan Hoff

true but i had figgured at least the management would have said something just cus of the recent shooting,

thats all i have oc'ed in this building aprox 15 times with out anyone ever saying a would today was no diffrent.

mobiushky

Weird. I think my OC might have "scared" a couple off from going into the target in Parker. Not positive. As I left a couple was walking in. After I passed them, the guy said something I didn't understand and didn't pay attention too. I actually thought it was someone else. The lady said quietly "maybe we shouldn't talk out loud.". Turns out they had turned around and were a little behind me. Then he said "I'm just looking out for that kind of thing now.". They got back in their car and left. I know I didn't hear it all but it was odd to me.

Wolfstanus

It's sad and a normal ilinformed knee jerk people do. If they don't understand or are willing to understand they tend to act in such a manner. Most of my coworkers think as much. 2 girls who work the front will lie and treat them badly. "guns ate bad" "they should be banned" etc etc are common things they will say.

DamonK

So were you carrying for a reaction, or because you want to be ready to defend yourself and your loved ones?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2