Thread: Your attendance is requested Lapeer County Commissioners meeting This Thursday

*update* Lapeer County Commissioners meeting This Thursday

When: Thursday July 26, 2012
    830 AM

Where: Lapeer County Commissioners Chambers
    255 Clay Street Lapeer, MI 48446

This is a courthouse, so no firearms allowed. Cell phones and the like are fine as there are not actually any security checkpoints. The meeting room is in the basement.

Most of you are probably aware of the ongoing battle to remove the signs from the doors of the Sheriff's department. This will be the third meeting i've attended.

pm me for more info.
    Last edited by lapeer20m; 07-28-2012 at 07:41 AM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Can anyone from the area make it out? I know it's early on a work day, but if possible I'm sure lapeer20m would like the company. I have found many of our servants see one or two of us as just 'gun nuts' a half dozen or more & they tend to actually pretend to care about what we are saying at minimum.

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both!

The meeting went well, but the commissioners say that they have to act on the recommendation of the prosecutor.

I have a meeting with the prosecutor today at 1:30.

The prosecutor graciously took time out of his busy schedule to speak with me about the signs.

He was very nice and polite. After the meeting he even took time to send me the sheriffs email adresses since I was having difficulty obtaining the email on my own.

He also indicated that the authority to post the signs is a grey area at best.

No decisions were made during our meeting, but he plans to contact the sheriff and ask him what his intentions are with the signs.

I am confident they will come down.

Quote Originally Posted by lapeer20m View Post
    The prosecutor graciously took time out of his busy schedule to speak with me about the signs.

He was very nice and polite. After the meeting he even took time to send me the sheriffs email adresses since I was having difficulty obtaining the email on my own.

He also indicated that the authority to post the signs is a grey area at best.

No decisions were made during our meeting, but he plans to contact the sheriff and ask him what his intentions are with the signs.

I am confident they will come down.
    I think it is great that you can discuss this with the attorney and the board without being belligerent. well done!