• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your attendance is requested Lapeer County Commissioners meeting This Thursday

lapeer20m

*update* Lapeer County Commissioners meeting This Thursday

When: Thursday July 26, 2012
830 AM

Where: Lapeer County Commissioners Chambers
255 Clay Street Lapeer, MI 48446

This is a courthouse, so no firearms allowed. Cell phones and the like are fine as there are not actually any security checkpoints. The meeting room is in the basement.

Most of you are probably aware of the ongoing battle to remove the signs from the doors of the Sheriff's department. This will be the third meeting i've attended.

pm me for more info.

Last edited:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Can anyone from the area make it out? I know it's early on a work day, but if possible I'm sure lapeer20m would like the company. I have found many of our servants see one or two of us as just 'gun nuts' a half dozen or more & they tend to actually pretend to care about what we are saying at minimum. :rolleyes:

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

lapeer20m

The prosecutor graciously took time out of his busy schedule to speak with me about the signs.

He was very nice and polite. After the meeting he even took time to send me the sheriffs email adresses since I was having difficulty obtaining the email on my own.

He also indicated that the authority to post the signs is a grey area at best.

No decisions were made during our meeting, but he plans to contact the sheriff and ask him what his intentions are with the signs.

I am confident they will come down.

Raggs

The prosecutor graciously took time out of his busy schedule to speak with me about the signs.

He was very nice and polite. After the meeting he even took time to send me the sheriffs email adresses since I was having difficulty obtaining the email on my own.

He also indicated that the authority to post the signs is a grey area at best.

No decisions were made during our meeting, but he plans to contact the sheriff and ask him what his intentions are with the signs.

I am confident they will come down.

I think it is great that you can discuss this with the attorney and the board without being belligerent. well done!