• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

8 days from now is my 8th week waiting for my application results

Mrbowtie26

Any idea if I file an appeal will it hurt my chances of getting approved ? Not sure if the West Haven PD finds out when I file an appeal, and if it will hurt my chances. Thanks for any suggestions.
Ron H.

Rich B

You have already been denied administratively and you are likely 3 or 4 weeks overdue for an appeal. You should get the appeal started right away.

We have form letters available that might be helpful to you: http://ctcarry.com/Document?tag=50f300e3-e82b-4d2a-809f-d7d1bb5eba9a

You can also use the BFPE's documents, although I find them to be a little 'crusty': http://www.ct.gov/bfpe/cwp/view.asp?a=1252&Q=254192&bfpeNav=|

Either way you go, you will need to send the appropriate letter and the questionnaire from the BFPE site to get things started.

davidmcbeth

Banned
questionnaire from the BFPE site to get things started.

I objected to the questions on the questionnaire & most questions were dropped by the board...if the OP does not wish to answer the questions he should PM me.

He can write the letter that they recommend and that will get the OP a case # and a spot in line for an appeal - the objection to the questionnaire will not delay his appeal date.