Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Colorado shooting renews focus on Romney's gun-control stance

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    why?
    Posts
    432

    Colorado shooting renews focus on Romney's gun-control stance

    LA
    Last edited by scott58dh; 06-30-2014 at 11:21 PM.

  2. #2
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217
    Romney's kind of weak on 2A.

    At least weak on the ickier parts.

    Nice article. Thanks.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,011
    Romney has spoken, rallied & voted in support of:

    The Brady Act, Mandatory Firearms ID Cards, Waiting Periods, Federal Feinstein Gun Ban, as well as of course passing the Mass. Semi-Auto Ban mentioned in the seed.
    During his Gubernatorial debate (C-Span 2002) he said "We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts; I support them."

  4. #4
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by scott58dh View Post
    [snippers]


    Romney serves up flip-flop cakes ,,,,,,[snippers]
    The GOP nominee. Vote Romney 2012. The Republicans are definitely funnier to watch politically than Democrats. Romney, flap-stack for Beretta92fs, coming up!

    I am surprised the Republican party is in this position right now. Romney getting the ticket is pathetic, and hilarious.--it speaks more to the state of the Republican fringe than anything. They go hard right, and Romney, a real soft right-winger (on his best day) gets the ticket to run against President Obama. Good luck people!
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 07-23-2012 at 04:14 PM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  5. #5
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    Romney has spoken, rallied & voted in support of:

    The Brady Act, Mandatory Firearms ID Cards, Waiting Periods, Federal Feinstein Gun Ban, as well as of course passing the Mass. Semi-Auto Ban mentioned in the seed.
    During his Gubernatorial debate (C-Span 2002) he said "We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts; I support them."
    And what am I left with, sitting here for the next few months watching a bunch of anti-Obama types rationalize why they are voting for Romney. This is another McCain 2008; I wonder who Romney is going to pick for the VP spot--Bachmann, and her closeted husband?--Republican hypocrisy knows no bounds. A political cluster-f*&k of a circus IMO.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  6. #6
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    Do any of you brain dead liberals really think that a republican voter is going to say "geez, that romney is bad on 2A issues so i'll vote for obama" ?

    You stupid liberals would be better off dropping the issue.
    And it is so interesting to see how quickly one of those liberals gay bashes ~~ In the dictionary next to the word hypocrite is the word liberal.

  7. #7
    Regular Member hammer6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,169
    “I still believe that the Second Amendment is the right course to preserve and defend and don’t believe that new laws are going to make a difference in this type of tragedy,” Romney said. “There are–were, of course, very stringent laws which existed in Aurora, Colorado. Our challenge is not the laws, our challenge is people who, obviously, are distracted from reality and do unthinkable, unimaginable, inexplicable things.”


    i think that's a good statement...

    http://hotair.com/archives/2012/07/2...-the-day-1095/
    Last edited by hammer6; 07-23-2012 at 10:41 PM.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    Do any of you brain dead liberals really think that a republican voter is going to say "geez, that romney is bad on 2A issues so i'll vote for obama" ?

    You stupid liberals would be better off dropping the issue.
    That's not the point. As I stated in a previous thread: I am looking forward to right-wingers rationalize why they are voting for Obama-lite-right...I mean, Romney...sorry about that.

    I have listened fringe bone-heads on this forum hoot-and-holler about making President Obama a one term President, and ironically, you are forced to vote for eight years of Obama-lite-right, in order to not have President Obama do four more years.

    I'm just going to sit here, and eat my organic vegan popcorn, and watch the fringe-right jump on the Romney wagon.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  9. #9
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    And it is so interesting to see how quickly one of those liberals gay bashes ~~ In the dictionary next to the word hypocrite is the word liberal.
    I would really like to know what you are referring to regarding Liberal Gay Bashes.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  10. #10
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    I would really like to know what you are referring to regarding Liberal Gay Bashes.
    Maybe you should explain what your closeted remark was supposed to mean in reference to Michelle's husband?

  11. #11
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Maybe you should explain what your closeted remark was supposed to mean in reference to Michelle's husband?
    Now I see what you were referring to. Bachmann's husband is Gay, period. He hasn't come out...yet, but he will. My conclusion has more to do with than merely his effeminacy.

    BTW, pointing out that Bachmann's husband is Closeted isn't Gay Bashing. I have been Gay Bashed countless times over the years, and not one of them had anything to do with being accused of being Gay.

    From the mouth of the Gay man--Refer: 1:18, 2:39:

    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 07-24-2012 at 01:41 AM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  12. #12
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Now I see what you were referring to. Bachmann's husband is Gay, period. He hasn't come out...yet, but he will. My conclusion has more to do with than merely his effeminacy.
    Soo naturally you feel you can assume who is and is not gay and bash them in a forum? Interesting!

    Could you explain even if he is what it has to do with the election?

  13. #13
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Soo naturally you feel you can assume who is and is not gay and bash them in a forum? Interesting!

    Could you explain even if he is what it has to do with the election?
    Calling someone Gay is not bashing them. There is nothing derogatory about stating that someone is Gay.

    I was merely pointing out the irony of Romney, Bachmann in the VP spot, her husband being Gay, and they all running on a Republican ticket, who is, if you may have missed it, are anti-gay everything. One big bundle of irony--for you.

    Don't act like you got me cornered, and are calling me out for anything. Bachmann is a politician, and her husband, that she has put out there and he has put himself out willfully, trumpeting for her, is fair game.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 07-24-2012 at 01:45 AM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  14. #14
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Calling someone Gay is not bashing them. There is nothing derogatory about stating that someone is Gay.

    I was merely pointing out the irony of Romney, Bachmann in the VP spot, her husband being Gay, and they all running on a Republican ticket, who is, if you may have missed it, are anti-gay everything. One big bundle of irony--for you.

    Don't act like you got me cornered, and are calling me out for anything. Bachmann is a politician, and her husband, that she has put out there and he has put himself out willfully, trumpeting for her, is fair game.
    Her husband is not running and his sexual or supposed sexual orientation is not relevant~~Ohhh yea it was gay bashing!

  15. #15
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Her husband is not running and his sexual or supposed sexual orientation is not relevant~~Ohhh yea it was gay bashing!
    Actually, Sexual Orientation is relevant in this case. When an obvious Gay person champions, with their gay-hating wife, for Gays to be Made Straight, and when they are part of a political party that is anti-Gay, it is more than relevant, it demands someone like myself to point it out.

    If you don't like me bringing up Sexual Orientation then you ought to block me. Sexual Orientation is a real thing, *scratch that* *scratch that* *scratch that*.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 07-24-2012 at 02:11 AM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  16. #16
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Actually, Sexual Orientation is relevant in this case. When an obvious Gay person champions, with their gay-hating wife, for Gays to be Made Straight, and when they are part of a political party that is anti-Gay, it is more than relevant, it demands someone like myself to point it out.

    If you don't like me bringing up Sexual Orientation then you ought to block me. Sexual Orientation is a real thing, *scratch that* *scratch that* *scratch that*.
    And gay bashing has been a long time tactic of the left. Gay bashing is a real thing, even when done by those claiming to be gay. We call that self loathing.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Beretta92FSLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    In My Coffee
    Posts
    5,278
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    And gay bashing has been a long time tactic of the left. Gay bashing is a real thing, even when done by those claiming to be gay. We call that self loathing.
    Gay bashing is self-loathing, I agree. You see, we do agree on something.

    BTW, you seem to have gotten yourself into a sticky situation here. You are accusing me of Gay bashing--you are in effect admitting that Marcus is Gay. How could I Gay Bash if Marcus is not Gay?--I can't. Which means that I wouldn't be engaging in Self-Loathing either. Thank you for being so clear.
    Last edited by Beretta92FSLady; 07-24-2012 at 03:03 AM.
    I don't mind watching the OC-Community (tea party 2.0's, who have hijacked the OC-Community) cannibalize itself. I do mind watching OC dragged through the gutter. OC is an exercise of A Right. I choose to not OC; I choose to not own firearms. I choose to leave the OC-Community to it's own self-inflicted injuries, and eventual implosion. Carry on...

  18. #18
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Gay bashing is self-loathing, I agree. You see, we do agree on something.

    BTW, you seem to have gotten yourself into a sticky situation here. You are accusing me of Gay bashing--you are in effect admitting that Marcus is Gay. How could I Gay Bash if Marcus is not Gay?--I can't. Which means that I wouldn't be engaging in Self-Loathing either. Thank you for being so clear.
    Here is the thing~~I don't care if he is gay, I don't care if anybody is gay, it is not an issue and I don't go about my life worrying or insulting others sexual desires. In things such as this I believe in live and let live, and the bedroom of others is none of my business. It is also none of yours, I am not in a sticky situation I am not the one making remarks and accusing anybody of being gay. But since you are you should be able to prove it, or it is nothing more than bigoted slander.

  19. #19
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Calling someone Gay is not bashing them. There is nothing derogatory about stating that someone is Gay.
    ....uh, you might want to qualify this statement....
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •