• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colorado shooting renews focus on Romney's gun-control stance

beebobby

Romney has spoken, rallied & voted in support of:

The Brady Act, Mandatory Firearms ID Cards, Waiting Periods, Federal Feinstein Gun Ban, as well as of course passing the Mass. Semi-Auto Ban mentioned in the seed.
During his Gubernatorial debate (C-Span 2002) he said "We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts; I support them."

Beretta92FSLady

[snippers]

Romney serves up flip-flop cakes :exclaim::lol:,,,,,,[snippers]

The GOP nominee. Vote Romney 2012. The Republicans are definitely funnier to watch politically than Democrats. Romney, flap-stack for Beretta92fs, coming up!

I am surprised the Republican party is in this position right now. Romney getting the ticket is pathetic, and hilarious.--it speaks more to the state of the Republican fringe than anything. They go hard right, and Romney, a real soft right-winger (on his best day) gets the ticket to run against President Obama. Good luck people!

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Romney has spoken, rallied & voted in support of:

The Brady Act, Mandatory Firearms ID Cards, Waiting Periods, Federal Feinstein Gun Ban, as well as of course passing the Mass. Semi-Auto Ban mentioned in the seed.
During his Gubernatorial debate (C-Span 2002) he said "We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts; I support them."

And what am I left with, sitting here for the next few months watching a bunch of anti-Obama types rationalize why they are voting for Romney. This is another McCain 2008; I wonder who Romney is going to pick for the VP spot--Bachmann, and her closeted husband?--Republican hypocrisy knows no bounds. A political cluster-f*&k of a circus IMO.

Ca Patriot

Do any of you brain dead liberals really think that a republican voter is going to say "geez, that romney is bad on 2A issues so i'll vote for obama" ?

You stupid liberals would be better off dropping the issue.

WalkingWolf

Do any of you brain dead liberals really think that a republican voter is going to say "geez, that romney is bad on 2A issues so i'll vote for obama" ?

And it is so interesting to see how quickly one of those liberals gay bashes ~~ In the dictionary next to the word hypocrite is the word liberal.

hammer6

“I still believe that the Second Amendment is the right course to preserve and defend and don’t believe that new laws are going to make a difference in this type of tragedy,” Romney said. “There are–were, of course, very stringent laws which existed in Aurora, Colorado. Our challenge is not the laws, our challenge is people who, obviously, are distracted from reality and do unthinkable, unimaginable, inexplicable things.”

i think that's a good statement...

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/07/23/quotes-of-the-day-1095/

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

That's not the point. As I stated in a previous thread: I am looking forward to right-wingers rationalize why they are voting for Obama-lite-right...I mean, Romney...sorry about that.

I have listened fringe bone-heads on this forum hoot-and-holler about making President Obama a one term President, and ironically, you are forced to vote for eight years of Obama-lite-right, in order to not have President Obama do four more years.

I'm just going to sit here, and eat my organic vegan popcorn, and watch the fringe-right jump on the Romney wagon.

Beretta92FSLady

Maybe you should explain what your closeted remark was supposed to mean in reference to Michelle's husband?

Now I see what you were referring to. Bachmann's husband is Gay, period. He hasn't come out...yet, but he will. My conclusion has more to do with than merely his effeminacy.

BTW, pointing out that Bachmann's husband is Closeted isn't Gay Bashing. I have been Gay Bashed countless times over the years, and not one of them had anything to do with being accused of being Gay.

From the mouth of the Gay man--Refer: 1:18, 2:39:

[video=youtube_share;q2nK1sskUG4]http://youtu.be/q2nK1sskUG4[/video]

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Now I see what you were referring to. Bachmann's husband is Gay, period. He hasn't come out...yet, but he will. My conclusion has more to do with than merely his effeminacy.

Soo naturally you feel you can assume who is and is not gay and bash them in a forum? Interesting!

Could you explain even if he is what it has to do with the election?

Beretta92FSLady

Soo naturally you feel you can assume who is and is not gay and bash them in a forum? Interesting!

Could you explain even if he is what it has to do with the election?

Calling someone Gay is not bashing them. There is nothing derogatory about stating that someone is Gay.

I was merely pointing out the irony of Romney, Bachmann in the VP spot, her husband being Gay, and they all running on a Republican ticket, who is, if you may have missed it, are anti-gay everything. One big bundle of irony--for you.

Don't act like you got me cornered, and are calling me out for anything. Bachmann is a politician, and her husband, that she has put out there and he has put himself out willfully, trumpeting for her, is fair game.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Calling someone Gay is not bashing them. There is nothing derogatory about stating that someone is Gay.

I was merely pointing out the irony of Romney, Bachmann in the VP spot, her husband being Gay, and they all running on a Republican ticket, who is, if you may have missed it, are anti-gay everything. One big bundle of irony--for you.

Don't act like you got me cornered, and are calling me out for anything. Bachmann is a politician, and her husband, that she has put out there and he has put himself out willfully, trumpeting for her, is fair game.

Her husband is not running and his sexual or supposed sexual orientation is not relevant~~Ohhh yea it was gay bashing!

Beretta92FSLady

Her husband is not running and his sexual or supposed sexual orientation is not relevant~~Ohhh yea it was gay bashing!

Actually, Sexual Orientation is relevant in this case. When an obvious Gay person champions, with their gay-hating wife, for Gays to be Made Straight, and when they are part of a political party that is anti-Gay, it is more than relevant, it demands someone like myself to point it out.

If you don't like me bringing up Sexual Orientation then you ought to block me. Sexual Orientation is a real thing, *scratch that* *scratch that* *scratch that*.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Actually, Sexual Orientation is relevant in this case. When an obvious Gay person champions, with their gay-hating wife, for Gays to be Made Straight, and when they are part of a political party that is anti-Gay, it is more than relevant, it demands someone like myself to point it out.

If you don't like me bringing up Sexual Orientation then you ought to block me. Sexual Orientation is a real thing, *scratch that* *scratch that* *scratch that*.

And gay bashing has been a long time tactic of the left. Gay bashing is a real thing, even when done by those claiming to be gay. We call that self loathing.

Beretta92FSLady

And gay bashing has been a long time tactic of the left. Gay bashing is a real thing, even when done by those claiming to be gay. We call that self loathing.

Gay bashing is self-loathing, I agree. You see, we do agree on something.

BTW, you seem to have gotten yourself into a sticky situation here. You are accusing me of Gay bashing--you are in effect admitting that Marcus is Gay. How could I Gay Bash if Marcus is not Gay?--I can't. Which means that I wouldn't be engaging in Self-Loathing either. Thank you for being so clear.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Gay bashing is self-loathing, I agree. You see, we do agree on something.

BTW, you seem to have gotten yourself into a sticky situation here. You are accusing me of Gay bashing--you are in effect admitting that Marcus is Gay. How could I Gay Bash if Marcus is not Gay?--I can't. Which means that I wouldn't be engaging in Self-Loathing either. Thank you for being so clear.

Here is the thing~~I don't care if he is gay, I don't care if anybody is gay, it is not an issue and I don't go about my life worrying or insulting others sexual desires. In things such as this I believe in live and let live, and the bedroom of others is none of my business. It is also none of yours, I am not in a sticky situation I am not the one making remarks and accusing anybody of being gay. But since you are you should be able to prove it, or it is nothing more than bigoted slander.