• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I think I'll just put this here.

vegaspassat

Thank God I didn't get stationed in California. [video=youtube;MST4RhWdlMQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MST4RhWdlMQ&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fs-static.ak.facebook.com%2Fcommon%2Freferer_frame.ph p[/video]

jfrey123

I'd love to see the unedited videos. You know, the videos that show up a month after the fact... Reminds me of the incident where the hippies at Berkley or wherever got sprayed down with pepper spray. Watch the whole video and you'll see the police were attempting to leave with a group who got arrested for non-compliance and the protesters forced moved to enclose the police and refused to allow them to leave, defacto kidnapping the arresting officers. I'd love to know what this innocent little group was doing just prior.

Hiding behind children is a tactic being used in foreign wars right now as we speak. The fact that they are lighting dumpsters on fire hours later tells me this is NOT the peaceful family crowd they'd like us to believe they are.

Yard Sale

Anaheim, CA to Las Vegas, NV
259 mi

Hiding behind children
@ 1:16 the brave hero is aiming his shotgun a group of four people. The adult in the brown shirt has his back turned to the attackers and is huddled over two small children, seeming to protect them from projectiles.

Let me spell it out for you: Hiding children behind unarmed adults from government attackers.

Last edited:

jfrey123

Let me spell it out for you: Hiding children behind unarmed adults from government attackers.

What the hell are the children doing at the event in the first place? The video conveniently omits the moments prior to police deploying their non-lethal tactics, reports are stating objects being thrown at police. The dumpster being set on fire is a pretty clear indication that these are not "peaceful protesters."

Merlin

I'll reserve judgement with the expectation that there is more to this story, but I gotta say, it doesn't look good for the cops.

The whole "cops wanted to buy cell phone video" is very interesting.... Trying to round up the video to bury it, or to serve as proof that their actions were justified.

And the dog? Wow, I am trying to imagine the scenario that justified releasing a police dog in that situation...it's a stretch.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
What would have happened if a LAC had shot the dog? Nevermind the fact that there are no LAC's there.

jdholmes

We just got a snapshot...looking forward to seeing more on this.

The dog seems excessive imo as it cannot be as easily controlled as the muzzle of a paintball gun or as selective in its victim as a bean bag shotgun - the other things could very well be justified non lethal force from all we can see.

Last edited:

The Big Guy

No matter what, there is no excuse to open up with even less than leathal force on a crowd. I saw no evedence that there were direct physical threats to the police. I saw them shooting from a distance. The dog was waaaaay over the top.

TBG