• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How About We Create an Open Carry FAQ for Colorado?

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
I have noticed that we spend a great deal of time covering the same questions fairly often.
We've all seen 'em:
"Can I carry in my car? Open? Concealed?"
"I've heard you cannot carry in Aurora. Is that true?"
"Can I carry my handgun with my permit from another state?"
"What specific law says open carry is legal?"
"What does Colorado consider 'concealed'?"
"What is the atmosphere in Colorado Springs like for open carry?"
And a host of other questions that keep cropping up from time to time.
Of course, we welcome all those questions, and answer them as best we can. But....
I am thinking it would be nice to create a Colorado specific FAQ that covers the most frequently asked questions,
and ask the mods to sticky it to the top of the Colorado board page.

Anybody think that might be a good idea?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

LoneEchoWolf

Howdy Folks!
I have noticed that we spend a great deal of time covering the same questions fairly often.
We've all seen 'em:
"Can I carry in my car? Open? Concealed?"
"I've heard you cannot carry in Aurora. Is that true?"
"Can I carry my handgun with my permit from another state?"
"What specific law says open carry is legal?"
"What does Colorado consider 'concealed'?"
"What is the atmosphere in Colorado Springs like for open carry?"
And a host of other questions that keep cropping up from time to time.
Of course, we welcome all those questions, and answer them as best we can. But....
I am thinking it would be nice to create a Colorado specific FAQ that covers the most frequently asked questions,
and ask the mods to sticky it to the top of the Colorado board page.

Anybody think that might be a good idea?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

i think it is and will help out for sure. ill get on tomorrow when i get the time and help cover a few of them may i sugest as always link Cite's as much as were able. and of course cite all laws per OCDO rules.

PFC HALE

Good idea, i still find sometimes going through trying to answer simple questions with simple answers and searching is a pain... a simple faq and such as a sticky in colorado portion would be nice. also with the statutes to back the answers with

Keens

That is an excellent idea! I plan to print out all the statues regarding firearm laws and putting them into a binder to make it easier to cite the laws. I know I don't really cite anything in my posts because I'm too lazy to sit there and spend hours searching laws to cite. A little reference book will fix that. And I will make a Word version so I can copy and paste. One thing I would add to the Colorado Open Carry FAQ thread is a disclaimer that most of us are not lawyers, and folks who are new to OC should research and know the laws for themselves.

Blessings,

Keens

M-Taliesin

Is there a reason we are reinventing the wheel here?

http://www.rmgo.org/gun-law-faqs/open-carry

Howdy Pardner!
Good question. The answer might be that it refers to a site outside of OCDO, for one. Next, despite that site being there, we are pretty darn often rehashing the same information time and again when we've got some bigger fish to fry, especially now. If that ain't enough, some of the information is outdated, especially as pertains to carry on college campuses. Then there are the frequent questions about whether open carry is prohibited in Aurora, Castle Rock, or any other specific jurisdiction.

The RMGO FAQ is pretty much a reference to CRS, with little direct and easily digestible info made simple enough for anybody to get a quick answer to these oft asked questions we see on the forum.

I personally believe it remains a good idea for us here to have a FAQ of our own.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin