• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry demonstration in Aurora?

LoneEchoWolf

Eerie Coincidence: Colorado University Had Identical Drill On Same Day As ‘Batman’ Massacre’

http://govtslaves.info/eerie-coinci...entical-drill-on-same-day-as-batman-massacre/

You do know this also this "coincidentally" happened on 9/11 and 7/7?

*Sigh* and do they also find it also a eerie coincidence that over 100 police stations around the country were also training on that day? or that when Columbine happened that the "Swat team" in my town was just so happening to be training in one of our schools? i couldn't help but notice that they mentioned it was medical students that were doing the training "Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine is in the middle of holding specialized classes in disaster life support for 150 second-year medical students." so is he saying that its a conspiracy that we want our medical teams trained for any event what so ever, because personally hell yes i want the best doctors and medical teams to work on me if the day comes they have to. And one last thing, i cant help but to notice that he mentions the new gangster movie that shows such a act occurring, is that eerie that the director made this movie a year ago and its now being released after the editing and all is done just as any movie, not to mention that said trailer has been pulled from all movies and it was not a trailer for the Batman movie. he didn't mention that did he.

Shadetreezj

Campaign Veteran
Hi all,

I just wanted to add that if an open carry demonstration does get organized, review Aurora's temp permitting requirements here https://www.auroragov.org/CityHall/Permits/TemporaryUsePermits/index.htm I would hate to see any "Negatives" associated with this action. A phone call may help clear up the muddy areas like "what constitutes a rally", or "how many participants warrant a temp permit", etc, etc.

Mike

LoneEchoWolf

Hi all,

I just wanted to add that if an open carry demonstration does get organized, review Aurora's temp permitting requirements here https://www.auroragov.org/CityHall/Permits/TemporaryUsePermits/index.htm I would hate to see any "Negatives" associated with this action. A phone call may help clear up the muddy areas like "what constitutes a rally", or "how many participants warrant a temp permit", etc, etc.

Mike

we have alot of great people from Aurora on this forum and from Colorado, we will not be doing anything to get us in trouble but I'm sure if anything does indeed get organized that we will be doing exactly what you said, thanks for the reminder though who knows how many minds it slipped with everything else in there.

tittiger

Hi all,

Mike

Does anyone else have smoke blow out there ears when Americans sheepishly talk about both paying and begging permission of guberment for the "right" to exercise free speech or to carry a weapon?

Something is DRASTICALLY wrong with this picture. I think I want to go vomit actually.....

LoneEchoWolf

Does anyone else have smoke blow out there ears when Americans sheepishly talk about both paying and begging permission of guberment for the "right" to exercise free speech or to carry a weapon?

Something is DRASTICALLY wrong with this picture. I think I want to go vomit actually.....

Colorado is very helpful with the permits to demonstrate or whatnot, but i have to agree with you, if i want to stand on a street with 20 of my closest friends discussing whatever we want i don't feel i need permission nor have to ask for it, i think its just sad that we would have to do that or risk some sort of trouble. completely agree same as having to ask for permission to carry concealed its a sad situation when you have to pay to not be harassed while doing something that should and is our constitutional given right!

Last edited:

tittiger

Colorado is very helpful with the permits to demonstrate or whatnot, but i have to agree with you, if i want to stand on a street with 20 of my closest friends discussing whatever we want i don't feel i need permission nor have to ask for it, i think its just sad that we would have to do that or risk some sort of trouble. completely agree same as having to ask for permission to carry concealed its a sad situation when you have to pay to not be harassed while doing something that should and is our constitutional given right!

This is sort of like the southern slave owner helping the slave by providing him shoes to work in his field. :)
I would not praise the slave owner for this action.

Glad to find at least one American to agree with me LoneEchoWolf. This issue proves to me at least that
the majority of police are not our friends as they are the ones all too eager to break their oaths and enforce BS
like this. And they will enforce it and break their oath to the Constitution.

SHOCKING : CALIFORNIA COPS OPEN FIRE ON MEN - WOMEN - CHILDREN - BABIES
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MST4RhWdlMQ&feature=youtu.be

"Bad cops make the other 5% of law enforcement look bad."
~Dave Champion

PFC HALE

i would be in on this, as long as its peaceful/ respectful. It should be a positive showing with the intent of making it clear that law abiding citizens that OC could have turned the tides if allowed to carry.

a sign could read..

"I am legally armed and i could have saved a life on 7/20/12 if i was allowed to carry to the movies"

"I am trained and prepared to defend myself and others when life is threatened, if only i was allowed to carry to the movies"

something like that. a peaceful quiet showing with signs letting the general public know that we arent pistol whipping cowboys throwing lead around like the wild west, but rather mature trained men and women willing to do whats right when needed in defense of life. make it somewhat professional and coordinated, set the higher standard.

cause if i were there i would have done something even if it saved one life and took mine.

LoneEchoWolf

i would be in on this, as long as its peaceful/ respectful. It should be a positive showing with the intent of making it clear that law abiding citizens that OC could have turned the tides if allowed to carry.

a sign could read..

"I am legally armed and i could have saved a life on 7/20/12 if i was allowed to carry to the movies"

"I am trained and prepared to defend myself and others when life is threatened, if only i was allowed to carry to the movies"

something like that. a peaceful quiet showing with signs letting the general public know that we arent pistol whipping cowboys throwing lead around like the wild west, but rather mature trained men and women willing to do whats right when needed in defense of life. make it somewhat professional and coordinated, set the higher standard.

cause if i were there i would have done something even if it saved one life and took mine.

i think i like the second "sign" more but there both good, totally agree subtle but to the point and very respectful would hopefully be the goal

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
I am a little puzzled how the suggestion of a demonstration got translated into a protest. I don't think anybody advocated a protest.
Likewise, I wonder why there would be concern whether any such demonstration would be peaceful. Of course it would. We aren't trying to raise a fuss, our goal is to show support and empathy for the victims of this outrageous assault in Aurora.

I do not mean to sound cranky, but the suggestion of anything other than a peaceful show of support for our fellow citizens of Aurora is offensive to me.
And it ain't about you or me, it is about those folks who were suddenly thrust into dire peril on a night out with family and friends.

My earlier post, suggesting festooning intersections with ribbons tied to traffic stantions, can hardly be described as a protest or a rowdy display.
It is a quiet, sensitive, low key way we can show our brethren that we care. When (if) it becomes evident who is putting up ribbons all over town, it will speak volumes more positively than an entire encyclopedia of words.

This ain't the time to get all radical and fight against an assault on our rights that hasn't materialized. It is a time for thoughtful, respectful community effort.

That's my opinion, anyhow.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

LoneEchoWolf

Howdy Folks!
I am a little puzzled how the suggestion of a demonstration got translated into a protest. I don't think anybody advocated a protest.
Likewise, I wonder why there would be concern whether any such demonstration would be peaceful. Of course it would. We aren't trying to raise a fuss, our goal is to show support and empathy for the victims of this outrageous assault in Aurora.

I do not mean to sound cranky, but the suggestion of anything other than a peaceful show of support for our fellow citizens of Aurora is offensive to me.
And it ain't about you or me, it is about those folks who were suddenly thrust into dire peril on a night out with family and friends.

My earlier post, suggesting festooning intersections with ribbons tied to traffic stantions, can hardly be described as a protest or a rowdy display.
It is a quiet, sensitive, low key way we can show our brethren that we care. When (if) it becomes evident who is putting up ribbons all over town, it will speak volumes more positively than an entire encyclopedia of words.

This ain't the time to get all radical and fight against an assault on our rights that hasn't materialized. It is a time for thoughtful, respectful community effort.

That's my opinion, anyhow.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

+1!

tittiger

Just have to pipe in here. Please don't anyone get their panties up in a bunch over semantics, and a demonized word such as "protest".

I still believe that the best thing that can be done for the victims is to further the cause in some way about the absolute right to
self defense and to educate the public about that right.

The way to do that is up in the air. I just hope this is not a mindless gesture with no thought given to the changes that you hope to
bring about with it.

Thanks for listening.

LoneEchoWolf

Just have to pipe in here. Please don't anyone get their panties up in a bunch over semantics, and a demonized word such as "protest".

I still believe that the best thing that can be done for the victims is to further the cause in some way about the absolute right to
self defense and to educate the public about that right.

The way to do that is up in the air. I just hope this is not a mindless gesture with no thought given to the changes that you hope to
bring about with it.

Thanks for listening.

Yep and if we can incorporate that with doing the right thing and helping the family's that would be awesome. we do try to get the word out alot besides just OC, talking to people, recently trying to get some pro press out there, correcting when we hear someone advocating the wrong laws for Colorado. and much much more hopefully to come! before all of the craziness lately Colorado citizens didn't even think twice when seeing a LAC OC, at least not that i was seeing, and I'm hoping we can again get back to the point where everyone is being correctly educated about OC.

mahkagari

That I agree with. That will speak more than any inflammatory signs to "go on the offensive" ever would.

O2HeN2

a sign could read..

Reality dictates that your slogan has to be MUCH shorter to be readable on a sign, especially if you get TV coverage. Which is why I like something along the lines of "I can no longer protect you" specifically referring to Hollywood theater's policy change, for example.

O2

mahkagari

before all of the craziness lately Colorado citizens didn't even think twice when seeing a LAC OC, at least not that i was seeing, and I'm hoping we can again get back to the point where everyone is being correctly educated about OC.

Get back? Did we get away from that and I missed it? Might be a few more vocal anti's on Facebook, but has there been a sudden uptick in LEO confrontation or fleeing citizenry? Only changes I've seen in interaction here is how many people have been THANKED for OCing.

Last edited:

LoneEchoWolf

Get back? Did we get away from that and I missed it? Might be a few more vocal anti's on Facebook, but has there been a sudden uptick in LEO confrontation or fleeing citizenry? Only changes I've seen in interaction here is how many people have been THANKED for OCing.

I was more just referring to all the national media spreading misinformation about our laws and whatnot. more so right now. So many questions about someone hearing on the news in there home town or national news about Aurora Banning OC which they don't for a example. alway happy to answer said questions correctly I just meant more outside of our Colorado family i suppose. I agree our LEO and citizens are better than ever about us OC'ing or at least thats what Ive seen, sorry i wasn't more clear about meaning the media

Last edited:

PFC HALE

i agree with everyone that what we do to remember those that were killed to be respectful, low key and positive/peaceful

i dont want it to be a protest or negative pickett line that would be bad :(

wolfgangmob

mahkagari

Many states will look at this with the same logic, no gun control laws will stop the dedicated criminal, but we have the national level to be concerned about, of course the last AWB was in effect in 1999 and people know what happened then.

Very different climate than 1999. Crime rate was astronomical and the economy was booming. People needed something to b!tc# about and politicians needed something to do. Now, the crime rate is low despite an economy being in the toilet and the politicians have bigger fish to fry. There will be one or two loudmouths who won't let the crisis go to waste, but everyone will recognize it as not a crisis and isn't going to risk votes on it. The pro2A crowd is a swing vote and being actively courted.

wmodavis

I would support an event that is a show of support for the families of victims and people of Aurora and for the police as well. Not in to anything hinting of protest.