• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Channel 3 News Tonight

brk913

I just got an email from a student of mine, here is the part I wanted to share.

"you had told us all about CT pistol laws I sent an email to channel 3 news on saturday (the21st) and theyre doing a story TONIGHT!!!!! im so excited! i told them that there are plenty of responsible people who are permitted to carry a pistol but are afraid to open carry for fear that they will have the police called. I ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING!! i cant tell you how happy i am for our rights and the good fight thats beeing fought. im hoping people see this spot on the news and realize that not all people who carry a friearm are psycho killers and gangsters and maybe they will feel safer in the presence of a pistol. well, i thought i'd let you know!"

Hopefully, channel 3 will not put an anti-gun tone to this story, I will say I am glad my students are getting involved and trying to spread the word so more people will feel comfortable carrying the way they chose.

brk913

Nothing on the website about it yet, I am guessing something about it may show up on theior site after they air it, just not sure if it's going to be on the 5:00 or 11:00 showing...

KennyB

davidmcbeth

Banned
Hopefully, channel 3 will not put an anti-gun tone to this story, I will say I am glad my students are getting involved and trying to spread the word so more people will feel comfortable carrying the way they chose.

I watched at 5:30-6pm ..

ignorant lady said "they should have a limit as to how much ammo can be purchased over a specified time period" .... man, if they had that with Ding-Dongs, the lady would not have been so fat.

ignorant man said something to the effect "something has to be done"

I'll be calling channel 3 later today .... looks like whatever the OP thought would be the subject matter was trumped by the latest news ... C3 talked about the magazine limit too ... I found it anti-gun

Why are people worried about firearms when chemical weapons are so easy to make and use. So, even for loony control, outlaw guns and chemical weapons become the next choice. And that would not be pretty.

And the video on C3 talks about "suitability" requirements .. I think my permit case has already stricken that aspect down ... we'll see.

Last edited:

brk913

I did not see any of the broadcasts, the story was supposed to be about OC in CT, I did record the 11:00 but have not watched it yet...I saw the negative pieces on the website earlier...