Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NVFAC members please respond

NVFAC members please respond

If you are a member of the NVFAC, please post here. We need to start thinking about forming a group within the organization to ensure OC is properly represented. This is the first step toward that goal.

member. Not sure why we need to form a subgroup. They are supposed to stand for us all. Do they? That is still up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegassteve View Post
    member. Not sure why we need to form a subgroup. They are supposed to stand for us all. Do they? That is still up in the air.
    "They" are "we, the members". As members, it is OUR organization, not the board's. We don't need to form a subgroup, but it would be beneficial to have a loose organization of members who we know are pro-OC, wouldn't you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by SoLasVegas View Post
    "They" are "we, the members". As members, it is OUR organization, not the board's. We don't need to form a subgroup, but it would be beneficial to have a loose organization of members who we know are pro-OC, wouldn't you agree?
    I agree that we need to be heard. And I have been trying. So far deaf ears. I am quickly losing faith.

I agree that we need to be heard. And I have been trying. So far deaf ears. I am quickly losing faith.
    I think others are as well. That's one of the reasons for this post. With 25 members, we can call a special meeting of the general membership.

One person may be an outlier. A group of like-minded persons aren't.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

I tried to join at the big brouhaha at Stoney's last year. They guy at the desk handed me the form and just told me to join on the website. I had my money in my hand. I was fired up. He blew it.

I've not seen a REASON to join since.

I stand ready to join at a moment's notice when I believe that they are going to actually do anything beyond what several of us are already doing as individuals.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I stand ready to join at a moment's notice when I believe that they are going to actually do anything beyond what several of us are already doing as individuals.
    Again, "they" are actually "we, the members". That is why I am trying to gather info here of members who are OC friendly. If we have enough voting members, we can change the organization into whatever we want. Yes, there are many who are doing worthwhile work as individuals, but almost anything done as an individual could benefit from the help and support of a strong organization. Those individuals who are really accomplishing things might be great as division leaders, don't you think?

That said, there are already other threads that are pretty much dedicated to how much NVFAC sucks or does not suck. This thread is an attempt to move forward and hopefully identify members who are willing to work toward making it the organization we want it to be.
    Last edited by SoLasVegas; 07-23-2012 at 04:06 PM.

How many members are there, currently?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I am not a member, but will join if I think we have a shot at a coup. Hell, it's only $25/yr. The only reason I haven't joined already is because of everything I read here, and that OC was not on their agenda.

So, for your purposes, count me as a member, because I will be for this.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    How many members are there, currently?
    I don't know the exact number now, but as of the last board meeting there were about 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I am not a member, but will join if I think we have a shot at a coup. Hell, it's only $25/yr. The only reason I haven't joined already is because of everything I read here, and that OC was not on their agenda.

So, for your purposes, count me as a member, because I will be for this.
    I wouldn't call it a coup -- just taking more of an active role in our organization.

According to the bylaws, any group of 25 voting members can petition for a special meeting. The meeting will be scheduled and announced to the general membership within 40 to 50 days from the date of the petition. As long as there are 25 voting members or more at the meeting it constitutes a quorum, so any business accomplished at such a meeting is binding.
    Last edited by SoLasVegas; 07-23-2012 at 04:22 PM.

2A
    Last edited by OC-moto450r; 08-02-2012 at 05:48 PM.

I am a member.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by OC-moto450r View Post
    I paid money but don't feel like a member.

I seem to be out of the loop of their our mailing list and any other updates.........
    There have been no member mailings or other updates sent that I am aware of. This is one of the issues we need to address as members. There is supposed to be a monthly newsletter that is produced by the Communications Division Director, but I have not seen one on the website.

I agree w/all said here. I am a member but in Fallon. I can not make a meeting down South, BUT I can be on a two way call or PROXY vote.

I'm in
    Last edited by Rollbar; 07-23-2012 at 08:44 PM.

2A
    Last edited by OC-moto450r; 08-02-2012 at 05:48 PM.

2A
    Last edited by OC-moto450r; 08-02-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Oh yeah....

Is it just me or do you (whoever you are) find it odd that neither NVFAC's facebook nor the NVFAC forum mentioned the Prez's appearance on Face to Face?

Thanks DTOM for sharing this information with NVFAC members. IIRC you are not a member, correct?

Yeah, its probably just me....
    I don't find any lack of communication from the NVFAC to be odd -- it seems pretty damn normal given the track record so far.

The point is, I'm tired of just complaining about it, and would like to change it. If we can get enough members together to call a meeting, we might be able to replace the ineffective board members with more desirable ones, or at least put the current ones' feet into the fire. We should at least be able to amend the bylaws to remove the total control of the president for the first three years (currently, and possibly up to three full years from its inception, the president appoints every board member). If we don't call a special meeting and get this changed prior to the annual meeting, due to the way the bylaws are written there will probably not be any elections for officers until the following year. I would rather not let that happen.

There need to be some other changes to the bylaws as well, or at least the formation of some standing rules. For one, how are candidates chosen for election? Do they have to be nominated and seconded, or can they self-nominate? Can they nominate up until the moment of the election, or is there a cutoff of some kind? This is stuff we have to decide as members, not let one person dictate.
    Last edited by SoLasVegas; 07-24-2012 at 02:36 AM.

2A
    Last edited by OC-moto450r; 08-02-2012 at 05:46 PM.

No offense, but I've read some of the stuff on this forum regarding NVFAC and I think I would feel better giving my money to the NRA.

I hear ya but maybe its not the right organization to hang our hat. So, we first have to change the org and then go after the state, that wears me out already.
    +1

It has always seemed odd to me that we discuss so much stuff about the NFAC on this forum and not the NFAC form of which is not really set up to discuss things on. That would be a priority as well IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by vegaspassat View Post
    I think I would feel better giving my money to the NRA.

GOA (Gun Owners of America) - Now that group is doing something.

maybe I need to look into GOA, because I don't really like the NRA either.

whoopsie! Double post
    Last edited by vegaspassat; 07-24-2012 at 03:22 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast